Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Can I join you???

Hi ladies

For full story see my post in DIJ - I dont have the energy to type it all again.

Im 6 weeks but my HCG has dropped dramatically in 2 days so the EPU have told me to expect to miscarry. They want me to wait for it tp happen naturally which is upsetting because I still feel pregnant, achey boobs, constantly needing the loo and tiredness.

Me and hubby are devastated because we have been trying for 9months and this was our 1st BFP and now its gone. I just feel like such a failure.

Replies

• Hi hun,

I'm so sorry you've had to join us over here. Mc is the hardest thing I have ever been through and its bloody terrible. Its horrible that you still have symptoms and even get positive tests. Its such a cruel process but it does get easier even now I'm only 6 weeks on. There are situations and times when something reminds you like a smack in the face but generally you learn to live with it!

The only advice I can offer is to communicate with your hubby and use him for support. If you choose to tell people you'll probably be suprised at some things people come out with, well intentioned but annoying all the same. The amount of times I've heard "you're young you can try again."

I hope you can come to terms with this soon and if you ever need some advice or just a rant then feel free, no matter how irrational you think it might be, I know I had some feelings I was scared to put down, but the ladies on here are second to none and to have the support of people who've been there has really helped me through.

Lots of love hun
    Xx

[Modified by: Lady2188 on June 05, 2010 05:26 PM]

• awww hun don't feel like a failure.Sometimes its just not meant to be.
    perhaps the baby wasnt formed properley and as i've been told by many of my friends that it would have been harder if i had carried the baby longer.

I had a miscarriage in April at 7 weeks. I would have been about 14 weeks now and I felt exactly the same as you as if i'd failed because as women we just think that we can just get pregnant and that's it. We don't think that anything can go wrong. Its only by coming on this forum and talking to the other ladies that have been through the same thing makes me aware how many of us have to go through this.

take care and look after yourself xx
  • awww hun don't feel like a failure.Sometimes its just not meant to be.
    perhaps the baby wasnt formed properley and as i've been told by many of my friends that it would have been harder if i had carried the baby longer.

I had a miscarriage in April at 7 weeks. I would have been about 14 weeks now and I felt exactly the same as you as if i'd failed because as women we just think that we can just get pregnant and that's it. We don't think that anything can go wrong. Its only by coming on this forum and talking to the other ladies that have been through the same thing makes me aware how many of us have to go through this.

take care and look after yourself xx
  • hey hun i know i lost mine nearly 3 weks ago hun and i was DIJ to hopw you better soon XXX
  • You are not a failure. Please do not think like that. Sometimes these awful things just happen. Take care of yourself xx
  • Hiya
    Thank you all for your lovely comments. Really hard at the moment as I havent yet mc'ied but know that whatever is inside me isn't living or growing. Its such a horrible time and yes a few people have made comments like 'oh well these things happen' or 'oh well youre young'.

Im having another HCG test on friday to confirm things but i know it will be lower because all my early symptoms have disappeared.

Such a difficult time, i dont know how people go through this especially those who have several, my heart goes out to them.
  • Hun, I,m so sorry you are going through this.
    I was also in the DIJ board but mc'ed last week. I was doing good till I got to nursery and one of the mum's was going on about her scan i just wanted to run away, but I'm sure it will get easier over time.
    We are all here if you need to talk.
    xxx