Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Hello to all you lovely, helpful and supportive people

I've just registered so I thought that I'd say hello to everyone.

My name is Sally and I'm 10 weeks pregnant. I'm 30 years old, married to Owen and this is our first baby. Our bump is called 'lion' because I shouted from the bathroom that we had a line on the test stick and it got lost in translation. My husband Owen thought that I said "we've got a lion" so after lots of jumping around and grinning, the name stuck!

Lion is not making this easy for me and I have been off work for the last 4 weeks which I feel terrible about. I am being sick 4-5 times a day. I'm OK while I'm sat or lying still but as soon as I move I'm sick! My husband keeps having a word with him/her but so far it's not working.

I've tried all the recommended things (ginger, wrist bands, etc.) and my doctor prescribed me stemetil tablets which haven't helped at all. They just send me straight to sleep.

I've had my booking appointment and am now waiting for my scan date. I can't wait to be reassured that things are going OK.

I've spent all morning reading about you other ladies and all your helpful and kind advice and feel far more equipped now so thanks!

Replies

• Hi Sally
    Welcome to pp
    My name is Simone and i am mum to Jessica

Congratulations on your pregnancy and am sorry to hear you are not feeling to great. Im affraid i don't have any advice for the sickness, but just keep in mind that it normally goes at around 12 weeks.

Hope to chat soon xx
  • Hi Sally, what a lovely post!! Welcome to PP. I expect you have gathered we do love a good natter!!

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I really feel for you, but unfortunately cannot offer much advice apart from eating little and often. I had to eat every two hours, a banana, some toast or some crackers. Take care, and don't worry about the time you have off work, your baby is the most important thing xxx
  • Hi Sally

Congrats on you pregnancy,like simone says it hopefuly should pass after 12weeks.

Im Emma and mum to riley

Hope to chat soon.
  • Hi Sally,

Welcome to PP and congratulations on your pregnancy!!!

I'm Sarah, 25 and me and my hubby are curretly ttc#1

This website is so fab for a chat, advice and a grumble Also if you @ home allday and get bored then theres always someone to talk to xx
  • Hi Sally,

Welcome to pp. I'm Karen and mami to Hollie who is 5 months. Congratualtions on your pregnancy. The only advice i have for sickness is like Nicola said, eat little and often that is what i had to do. I also found that chewing mints and gum helped ease nausea.

Take care, look forward to chatting to you soon.

xx
  • Hi Sally and lion!! What a cool story!!

Welcome to PP. I have no advice for morning sickness, sorry! I was amazingly lucky and managed to bypass that!!

Look forward to chatting to you soon! You'll have to tell us about your scan, the first is an amazing experience! Actually, I had 4 scans and was mesmerised by them all!!!
    x
  • hiya, and welcome to you (both of you) to pp,
    hope you enjoy being on the site and do get the advice and help you need.

we do love a good chat, so look forward to chatting soon.
    i love the story about lion, what a great one to tell baby when he/shes older. do you think you'l find out what you are having, or want a surprise?

im afriad, i could only suggest ginger too and snacknig regularly, but thats not much help. sorry
    i really hope the sickness calms down soon for you!! good luck with the scan and do keep us posted
    kas xx
  • Sally,

Welcome to PP! I'm glad you have found some helpful and useful advice amoungst our little chats!!

I'm Zoe mum to Jack and Charlotte.

I love the story about how you got your name for your bump, quite funny too!! Something to tell Lion in the future.

Take care xx
  • Thanks for your kind and welcoming replies everyone.

I'm looking forward to a good natter with you all over the next few months!

• Hello,

what a cute baby story , and will be lovely to tell baby in the future

im near 14 weeks now and sorry to say im still suffering horrendous morning sickness

also i tried everything ginger under the sun that i cud think of,
    anything fruity , creamy, sweets nothing worked,
    im on cyclazine i find it helps but doesnt stop

all i can suggest hun is eat as much liquid things as poss, like soups and smoothies, ad plenty of water to keep u hydrated

and defo keep away from fried and fatty foods,

salads are good too !

hope u feel better!

xx
  • Thanks Claire,

Sorry to hear that you're still suffering. If someone could tell you when it will end it would make you feel heaps better wouldn't it!?!?

I've just had my appointment date through for my first scan - 4th April so i'll be 13 weeks by then. That's cheered me up a bit. I didn't realise that I'd have to have a full bladder though. I bet that's uncomfortable isn't it?
  • hehe it is meant to stop at about 12 weeks when the placenta starts to take over all the hormone production and doing the things for the baby, but still hasnt stoped, with my first, i was sick from 4-15 weeks, it stoped then came back at 17 weeks all til 29 weeks, it had me that bad at 28 weeks i was admittd to hospital to be put on a drip - the week before my cousins wedding where i was cheif bridesmaid , to say she was bricking it wud be an understatemnt! )

anyway

what time is ur scan > mine was at 2:30 s i cud have my morning pee! i cudnt survive if i cudnt do my first pee! pmsl

yes it is uncomfortable, but as soon as the scan is over, they say u can go to the loo now!

and if u saw my scan pic u can tell i had a nice and completly full bladder !

xxx
  • Oh poor you - I really don't want to end up in hospital. I'm trying to drink as much water as I can but most of it comes back up.

I'm supposed to be going to my friend's wedding next Saturday. I'm going to phone her tonight and warn her that I might not be well enough. I'd love to go though so fingers crossed. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a two hour drive - not sure that I can face that.

My appointment is at 3.30pm so it's a good point about my morning wee being protected!

I haven't seen your scan photo yet but I'll have a look for it in a minute. Does a full bladder make for a clearer picture?
  • I've just seen your scan photo - it's amazing!!! I'm not going to hold back on filling my baldder if that's the result.
  • Hi Sally,
    I'm Marie and mum to jake 2.5. We are ttc baby#2. Welcome to pp. The girls are great and there's always someone to have a chat online.
    Congratulations on the pregnancy. Hope you feel better soon. Thankfully I didn't suffer any sickness so I have no advice. I did love ginger biscuits though.
    lol.x
  • Hi Sally

Big Congratualtions on your pregnancy you must both be so excited!! I love the nick name too!!!

Sorry you've been feeling so sick, i wasn't too bad with my eldest but when pregnant with my daughter i was so sick! It had compltely passed by 14 weeks and you soon forget about it, the baby at the end is so worth it I found iced water and sucking boiled sweets helped keep some of the nausea away!

Keep us posted to how your scan goes, take care x x x
  • Thanks for the extra tips, ladies. I like the idea of fuity iced lollies, Stacey. Sounds like a tasty way to rehydrate. I'll phone Owen to call for some on his way home tonight.

My mum brought me a small bottle of lucozade at the weekend. I was a bit dubious as it is so sugary but just sipped it over a couple of days and I really think that it helped. Maybe it stabalised by blood sugar levels a little so that I didn't feel so sick during the lows. Lucozade is now on the regular shopping list

I'm going to try and get through today based purely on a positive mental attitude so I'll report back later.