Forum home Babies Baby

anyone used infacol

has anybody used infacol and can they tell me is it any good?
i have bought sum 2day as my son gets really bad wind and winding him is a nitemare especially in the middle of the nite!! hes nrly 4 weeks old
thanx Lisa xx

Replies

• Sorry G/Cing but i used it with my 2 children and will be using it on this one once he's born and i swear by it i truly think it's amazing. Hope this helps.xxx

20+2
  • My lo is 3 weeks old, and it's never been easy to get any wind up - although she's usually unaffected by this. However, to avoid some of the discomfort for her I did buy some Infacol and some of the belches are legendary!!!! lol. I only use it once a day, sometimes not at all, and it does seem to help so I would definitely recommend it xx
  • It's amazing!! We used on my DS and stopped at about 5months. Tried stopping a bit sooner, but got trapped wind quite badly again, so showed that it really worked!! I did find though it took a day or so to really get working, so don't be disheartened if it doesn't work miracles first time (as I was!!) xxx
  • I used it from one week and it works really well, it took a few doses to kick in. I used it before every feed and gradually weaned it off at about four months ish.
    xx
  • Definitely recommend it. The only feed I don't us it on is his dream feed as he's so relaxed he takes the feed nice and slow so doesn't need it. We have to use double dose as Lucas is really bad, and it is very noticeable if we forget.

Also, makes his burps smell lovely of oranges!!!
  • I used infacol until ds was 4 months. Sorry to dispute what has been said, But it clearly states it has a cumulative effect, and has to be used with each feed to work. So I don't believe using it once a day, is actually doing anything.

If you want something on an as and when basis, gripe water is better, it can be used from 4 weeks. xx
  • thanx 4 replies ladies,
    started using it yesterday so am hoping it wont take to long to kick in,
    his wind is drivin me nuts !
    lisa xx
  • I used infacol until ds was 4 months. Sorry to dispute what has been said, But it clearly states it has a cumulative effect, and has to be used with each feed to work. So I don't believe using it once a day, is actually doing anything.

If you want something on an as and when basis, gripe water is better, it can be used from 4 weeks. xx

I really don't know then... I just find that whenever I use it she really does give me a massive burp! Find it hard to believe it's a coincidence as it's worked every time????? Maybe it's because she doesn't actually have colic or massive problems with wind and it just helps get it up? Hey ho, works for me (or more importantly, for her) anyway!! image

x
  • ive had it prescribed as was just using it on and off but my HV told me today it should be used at every feed for at least a week for it to be effective. I dont like giving it to her as she hates the tastes and gives a massive look of disgust after each dose x
  • Pumpkin Pie,
    there's another one called Dentinox. It works in exactly the same way, but I think you use it after a feed. You could get it over the counter, it's really cheap. Then you could see if she prefers the taste to that, and get it prescribed instead?? HTH xx
  • Thanks chick, I'll give that a try. Feel really cruel giving it to her! x
  • Bless, I never had that problem. James seemed to quite like the taste. Stopped him screaming for the milk, for a second! :lol: xx
  • My HV told me that gripe water is actually more effective than infacol so maybe give that a try... but my lo really hated the taste of gripe water, so much so that he spat it all back out and it wasn't effective at all. He loved infacol and it seemed to work well for us.