Forum home Toddlers & older children Children with special needs
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Down's syndrome awareness week (also in Toddler)

Hey ladies,

Just wanted to let everyone know that this week is Down's syndrome awareness week - the Down's syndrome association are campaigning to get more support for parents who either get a pre-natal diagnosis, or to those (like us!) who get the shock of their lives once LO arrives. They want the information available to new parents to become more consistent no matter where in the country you live - we have been very lucky in the information we received here in Gloucestershire, but it could still have been better! Google Down's syndrome association to find out more!

Ta!

Sarah & George xx :\)

Replies

• hi sarah im kelly i have a 4 year old with downs syndrome and i got the shock of my life aswell! shes my little angel shes amazing!!xxxx
  • hi sarah im kelly i have a 4 year old with downs syndrome and i got the shock of my life aswell! shes my little angel shes amazing!!xxxx
  • Hi Kelly,

Read your message in the other thread, but thought I'd reply here so you don't have too many other messages to scroll through!!

Glad to hear that Ellie is doing so well - George too only has an underactive thyroid, and he has this week started in the nursery of our local special school - and is currently wowing them with what he can already do!! SO PROUD!!!

Hope that your efforts in ttc pay off soon - I don't know if you've had the same, but the number of people that assume we won't have another, because of George, is amazing!! We will - just not yet! I've got enough juggling work and running round after him to throw another one into the mix! Keep us up to date with her progress at school - have you managed to get any support for her, or is she not going to need it?

Sarah x