Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The No Cry Sleep Solution

Morning ladies

Just wondered if anyone had bought this book and if so what's it like?

Controlled crying and crying it out are a no-no for us (don't want to get into a row about it - it's personal choice!) so looking for a more gentle approach to encourage Freddie to sleep better. I've read it takes a lot of time a patience but just thought I'd ask if anyone's had success with it?

Thanks

Welsh & Freddie (7 months) xx

Replies

• I read it and liked her approach, but it wasn't really for me. I realised I'm crap at sticking to anything, and gave up after 2 days - haha - luckily Sam started sleeping well without me having to do anything. If your LO feeds to sleep, then this is the main thing she tackles.

I'm about to give loads of stuff to charity shop, including this book - you are welcome to it if you would like me to post it to you? PM me your address if so.

• Hi Welsh

Have you tried PUPD by the baby whisperer, I know it works for some babies. I cant do anything to do with letting Tyler cry, its just not for me (nothing against those that do). I've tried PUPD with some success, but his problem is normally is escaped from his swaddle and is trying to crawl across the cot !!

Sarah
  • I bought this book, but it wasnt for me. I felt it was creating more problems in the long run rather than just fixing the sleeping problem. Although I will say I bought the no cry nap time solution book.

• I bought this book, but it wasnt for me. I felt it was creating more problems in the long run rather than just fixing the sleeping problem. Although I will say I bought the no cry nap time solution book.

I kind of agree with this - for example, she says to replace feeding to sleep by rocking to sleep!
  • Coco25 - that would be fantastic - thank you, will 'e' you now. My big worry is that I won't stick to it either but feel need to try and reclaim night time for sleep! Yes Freddie does feed to sleep (bad mummy) and is also starting to think our bed is HIS bed (bad mummy again)

Sarah - I gave a PUPD a go a couple of times but it involved crying and I got as upset as Freddie so decided I couldn't carry on. If OH had a regular 9 - 5 job where he could help carry it out it may have been different but he works shifts and so it's usually me. And recently it's had to be me as he's cried when oh has tried to resettle him

• i thought it was abit rubbish - sold it at the bootsale for 10p! Along with lots of other baby books as i was spending more time reading them than looking after toby!! I reckon i sold about ??100 worth of books for 50p!

Hope you and gorgeous little man are ok apart from obviously sleeping x x x