Forum home Babies Baby

Toys for 4 month olds

Hi
What toys did/do your babies like at 4 months. I feel as though I'm not entertaining my baby enough! He has a play gym which he loves and spends alot of time on. We also bought a bumbo recently and he has a few soft touch and feel type toys. He has loads of soft toys but they're aren't very stimulating. Also a 'That's not my baby' book. But feel as though we're playing with the same things all the time. Any other suggestions?

Replies

• What's he like with head control? How about a door bouncer, or Jumperoo if you can stretch to it?
    My DD was happy playing with crinkly toys, things that light up, play music etc.
    VTech do a great range and for "crinkly" things Lamaze are good x
  • We went to mothercare when our lo was around the same age & went mad on toys for the same reason!! We've found that she LOVES Lamaze toys. She has the Inch Worm & several of their 'cot toys'. She'll quite happily lay in her cot in the morning and play with them for ages.

I've also found that she likes rattles etc. Her favourite at the moment is a soft one from Mothercare that looks like a lollipop and has a bell in it, she loves to shake this! I discovered that she likes bubbles too, watching & trying to burst them. She has a jumperoo, which she is just starting to enjoy now too.

I've heard that the key is to rotate toys every so often, so that they don't get bored of the same ones....I'm sure after a week or so, an 'old' toy will be just as entertaining as a new one :lol: xx
  • I second lamaze!! Brilliant toys, Emilia is nearly 6 months and still loves them. We have to take freddie the firefly with us when we go out!!

We bought the rainforest gym for Emilia when she was 4 months - she loves this. I think anything that makes a noise is good xx

• I second lamaze!! Brilliant toys, Emilia is nearly 6 months and still loves them. We have to take freddie the firefly with us when we go out!!

We bought the rainforest gym for Emilia when she was 4 months - she loves this. I think anything that makes a noise is good xx

• Hi thanks for the replies. We have a few Lamaze toys which he does love. Some more noisy toys are a good idea. Might have to take a trip to Mothercare for inspiration!
  • My dd is the same age and has a jumperoo which is fab - although she needs a cushion underneath to reach! She also has some noisy vtech toys that were my neice and nephew's. They have flashing lights and are very interactive. She can't quite do some of the things herself but some of the buttons are very sensitive and she just needs to knock them with her hands to make them work.

Another thing my dd loves is bubbles! I just lie her down on a fleece and blow the bubbles over her - she squeals with laughter, so must enjoy it! She also loves it when i use a piece of material or muslin as a parachute type thing and gently wave it up and down over her face.

Puppets are also great! My dd also has a brightly coloured parrot puppet which she chats away too lol. She can't play with it herself because it is quite hairy but she will happily lie on the floor while i move its mouth etc for her image

You don't have to spend a fortune to entertain your lo, another good idea i got from a baby group was feathers! Use them to tickle your lo and they are good to stimulate their senses.

Have fun!

Lx