Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

housing

has anyone here lived in a one bedroom flat with a baby? x

Replies

• yep and it was a nightmare, we moved to a larger place when she was 8mths old and its so nice to be able to move aound and not bump in to baby stuff, dont get me wrong, when ur in the situation u just get on with it, hubby and i moved in there when it was just us, but once anabel arrived we started saving for a bigger place x not only for the having room to move around but sharing ur bedroom with a 7mth old was a pain, trying not to make any noise or she would wake, trying to get everything out the way so she could roll/crawl/pull her self up "nightmare"
  • god i sound all doom and gloom xxx
    it was hard but u just get on with it, oh and now we have a bigger place with extra rooms we still find that all her toys seem to collect in the front room and not her her play room lol xxx so i still keep tripping over toys xx lol x
  • lol thanks for your honest reply hun! Not pregnant yet, will maybe be holding off for a few months anyway to be honest so we can have some money to ourselves. xx
  • lol thanks for your honest reply hun! Not pregnant yet, will maybe be holding off for a few months anyway to be honest so we can have some money to ourselves. xx

• We had DD last year when we were living in a one bedroom flat too. However for us it worked okay the problem was it was on the first floor,which was more of an issue for us than the fact it was one bed. Reason being DD would fall asleep after a walk i would then have to carry her up stairs then into her cot,que her waking up again!grrr
    Living in a one bed worked well for us however we moved out when DD was 5 months old,she then went into her own room and we got a garden and more storage! We did have a rather big one bed flat with lots of storage(which is a must)

Seriously it wont be that bad,you adjust to what you have got and be super orgainised...it wont be for ever image
  • saying that we lived on the 3rd floor and i agree, i hated it, having to carry, Anabel plus shopping and pram, sometimes i didnt want to go out if hubby was at work as the hassle of it all x our 1 bed flat was small xx and no storage and hubby didnt understand that yes a new dvd stand is fab but now where is anabels changing station gonna go lol xxx
  • we live in a one bed and Lottie is a year old next week. Its been fine for us we are on the ground floor and have quite a big bedroom. We are ttc number two at the moment but hope to move before the new baby is 6 months, if we can sell the flat. It has been on the market since last august so we don't really have a choice and are just plodding along. I think it depends on the size of your flat and Lottie has a very strict bedtime of 7:30 so me and oh get some time together without her. Good luck with ttc if you decide to go for it!! xx
  • thanks for all your replies girls, helpful as always! Its a ground floor flat so thats one good thing!! xx