Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help with what i need to take my daughter swimming

Well my daughter is 4 months she is now supporting her own head me and her dad want to take her swimming today so I was asking what I need we have a swim suit swimmer nappies and a ring. Do we need any lotions, arm bands etc?

Replies

• Hey hun, sounds like you have everything we take and we've been quite a few times since my LO was 3 months.

I put her in all her swimming stuff before we leave the house then keep her in the maxi cosi until I'm ready then take her out and strip her down to her swimming things.

Then after you've been in the pool you'll need a towel for her to dry her off and then all your usual changing things to get her dressed again, back in the car seat then you can get yourself dressed.

Only thing special I would say is be sure to either rince her under the shower if it's possible or give her a good wipe down with a baby wipe to get the chlorine off her skin and it brings up my LO's excema.

HTH, Liz and Emilie 5 Months 8 days
  • Sounds like you've got everything you need. If you are using a swim ring/seat, you won't need armbands aswell.
    It sometimes helps to take a separate small towel for lying on the baby change tables as they are often quite cold, so lie your baby on one towel on the table and have a toel to dry her. Make sure you have everything to hand to get her dresed after so you dont leave her cold for too long.
    But other than that, have fun!! xx
  • Thanks for that hun
  • It sounds like you have all you need.

I do things a little differently though. When we get out I take off Finley's swimming things and wrap him in my towel (I wrap him in his when we are walking from pool to changing room so it is damp) and put him on the floor on his changing mat.
    He is safe and warm while I get dressed and then when I am ready he is all nice and dry and I dont keep dripping all over him.

We have a quick shower when we get out but the showers at our pool are very hot so I have a bath with him when we get home.

Have fun, I love taking Fin.

Liz and Finley (10 weeks)
  • You sounds organised as the others said, but we do it like wif, I wrap LO up in 2 towels and he is happy as larry then I get dressed, then do him. Mainly do it this way round because our pool is so rediculously warm poolside and in changing rooms, my LO just gets fractious if he's dressed waiting for me as he just starts to melt!!!

You'll have a fab time tho, I'm so glad we go swimming every week!!
  • You sounds organised as the others said, but we do it like wif, I wrap LO up in 2 towels and he is happy as larry then I get dressed, then do him. Mainly do it this way round because our pool is so rediculously warm poolside and in changing rooms, my LO just gets fractious if he's dressed waiting for me as he just starts to melt!!!

You'll have a fab time tho, I'm so glad we go swimming every week!!