Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hair loss after baby!

Before I was pregnant my hair used to fall out a bit when I washed and dried it but I never used to worry as it is thick and I could spare a few strands!

During pregnancy my hair changed completely, nothing fell out and it was quite sleak in appearance.

Now my LO is 16 weeks and I have really noticed over the past few weeks that my hair is falling out LOADS!! I have a handful in the plughole, a handfull in my brush and a handful off the carpet when I have dried my hair never mind the rest that scatters itself around the house during the course of the day!! Is this normal or should I be speaking to someone about it?

Replies

• totally normal! Just another joy of motherhood!
  • I had this to and it started when LO reached 12 weeks... it was WFUL!!!! i could have filled a dolls head with hair the amounth i was loosing everyday!! It contiued into month 6 but has now stopped and is growing back.

Its complelty normal, you dont shed any hair during your pregnancy so after you loose a whole 9 months worth plus what you would normally!

xx
  • I'm going through this now as well... I thought I'd got away with it as I thought it would happen straight away, not 4 months later. I'm constantly finding hair everywhere. And the bits that aren't falling out are being pulled out in handfuls by lo!

Just wanted to say I share your pain really!
  • lol I was just coming on to post about this myself as I was starting to worry!! My hair started falling out about 4 weeks ago when Toby was about four and a half months old and I'm still losing loads everytime I wash or brush my hair. So horrid!!

Glad to see I'm not the only one and that it might ease off soon if StephS is anything to go by.

C image
  • My hair loss started at 4 months too and was awful! It only lasted about a month and then suddenly all grew again (hasd some new hair growth along my hair line which was annoying) and now i have my lovely think hair back again!

xxx
  • Before I was pregnant my hair used to fall out a bit when I washed and dried it but I never used to worry as it is thick and I could spare a few strands!

During pregnancy my hair changed completely, nothing fell out and it was quite sleak in appearance.

Now my LO is 16 weeks and I have really noticed over the past few weeks that my hair is falling out LOADS!! I have a handful in the plughole, a handfull in my brush and a handful off the carpet when I have dried my hair never mind the rest that scatters itself around the house during the course of the day!! Is this normal or should I be speaking to someone about it?

My little one is 16 weeks to image

I havent had any problems with lose of hair
  • I had major heir loss, HUGE clumps would pull out of it. It started while pg and didnt slow down till lo was around 10 months old !! Thankfully I have very thick hair anyway so aside from the evidence in the drain (yuck) no one could tell ! LOL