Forum home Babies Baby

Baby Clinic?

sorry if this has been asked loads before, but what happens at baby clinic and do you have to go? the reason i'm asking is i had a c section so can't drive for another 4 weeks which means i can't get to baby clinic as its when hubby is at work.

thanks

Replies

• all they do is weigh the baby unless you want to see the HV, i was advised to get baby weighed every 4 weeks, you should have a 6-8 week check where the baby will be weighed and checked over by the doc ready for the 8 week jabs it will be your turn for a check up aswell x
  • At ours our lo just gets weighed & she does a quick visual to see if everything's ok. But always asks if there's any ? Just to ask. We're usually in & out in 10 mins. I wasn't going to go, but lo was struggling to put weight on at the beginning, so I go every 2 weeks to see if she's putting it on ok.

Jayne xx
  • Sorry double post

[Modified by: junglejayne31 on June 18, 2010 04:32 PM]

• I would ring them as our HV came very week to see us for the first 6 weeks and then we went to the clinic after that.
  • They only weighed baby at mine, and health visitor only came out once....I was lucky though because the doctors is right around the corner from me.

I would try and ring them if you live far away and see if they can get someone to come out to you, as you've had a c-section and can't drive.

My baby clinic was kind of like a no-pressure clinic, they tell you to come in if your worried about bubs not putting weight on, other than that they say every 4-6 weeks. x