Forum home Babies Baby

Dropping Milk Feeds

I'm thinking I should start dropping milk feeds now that DS is eating so much better.

Am I right in thinking 11o/c would be the one to drop (he has a bottle at 7:45, 11, 3 and 6:30). He eats breakfast at 8:45, lunch at 12:30 (although I'd move this forward if he dropped his bottle) and tea at 5:30.

I don't think he'd notice if he lost a bottle - he'll drink it all but doesn't cry for it ...

K x

Replies

• Hey there!!

The 11 was the one we dropped. Before that he'd have lunch at 12:30/1ih but now lunch is between 11:45 and 12:15. He really wasn't bothered about losing that bottle as he never cried for it and when he did have it he just faffed and drank about 2 oz, so was a natural one to go!
  • Yeah go for it!!! You can always give it that little bit later if you think he needs it!

• We swapped our 10 o/c bottle for a snack. They now have a banana and a biscuit instead.
  • I took los lunch bottle away as before we started solids he was having a 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm 7oz bottle. Now he has:

7am: Bottle and Porridge
    10am: Bottle
    12pm: Snack
    1pm: Half savoury jar, yoghurt and fruit and water
    4pm: Bottle
    5pm: Half savoury jar Half sweet jar and fruit and water
    7pm: Bottle

He seems to be fine with this pattern and is still sleeping through so im sure he doesnt mind the bottle being missed. I had him weighed and hes following his centile perfectly so Im happy. I may try to drop a bottle in a few weeks but hes getting narky around 11.30/12 just now so im unsure...he is only 6 months though x