Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Almost started to think...

my hubby had super sperm! image

Last cycle was 29 days, and AF finally arrived today on day 33. I knew it was fairly impossible as we have been using condoms, but I know they're only 98% and I was starting to think that just maybe we were one of the 2%.... even ordered some tests on ebay, but they are in date at least 15 months so will be fine still when we are ttc at least.

I know its silly, but as other people have said, I was starting to get just a little bit excited for a minute there...

Mind you, I was also worrying about the alcohol I drank and stilton I ate a couple of few weeks ago, so glad I don't have to feel guilty about that at least! xxx

[Modified by: racheybaby123 on 20 June 2010 20:11:26 ]

Replies

• ha ha, you're like me, i'm trying to hold off on taking pregnancy tests i - but know will be negative, but there's always that little voice at the back of your mind. You could do with a happy mistake, like a split condom, fate deciding for you!! I know i will be a mix of happiness and utter terror when it actually happens though :/. When do you get rid of the condoms and start ttc?
  • Haha - I'm exacly the same Alfie!

Not starting trying until December, which feels like such a long way away still! Only waiting until then because I want to be on full pay when our mortgage is up for renewal (next August so can apply July). Its such a pain!!

How's everything going with you?
  • Wow, december is a long way off. Not in the scheme of things but if you're this broody it will be hard! We get married in 4 and a half weeks so thats a major distraction. On third cycle off pill and been irregular so far so although we aren't using contraception, h2b working away a lot and we're crazy busy, so not BDing a lot or at right times. Still found myself staring at a pregnancy test last month though, the firat of many probably! Needless to say, BFN! We are going to start ttc on honeymoon and i do have a clear blue fertility monitor, but have managed to keep it in the box so far. Think i will start with it on first day of next period which is due week before wedding (but really could come at any time - hopefully not wedding day or honeymoon!!) I think honeymoon is a good chance where we'll have lots of time!

Work is also rubbish and while that would be a seriously wrong reason to get pregnant, i'd be lying if i said there wasnt added appeal with taking 9 months maternity leaveimage x
  • I have weddings, hen dos and another festival to try and distract me luckily! Not that its doing much good!

I imagine your wedding must be a good distraction - I remember how crazy I was 4 1/2 weeks before my wedding, lol! Its our first anniversary in less than 2 weeks now - soooo scary!

Fingers definitely crossed for you that AF doesn't arrive on wedding day or honeymoon - that's the one bad thing of not being on the pill I suppose! xx