Forum home Babies Baby

toys for young babies

hey ladies

well my little princess is starting to have more awake time during the day and was wondering what you would recomend toy wise for a very young baby only thing i have at the moment is her swing chair which she wont sit in for very long

leanne and Phoebe 2 weeks tomorro x

Replies

• Hi Leanne,
    My LO is now 19 weeks, I would recommend any of the Lamaze range of toys, she loves them. They're brightly coloured, crinkle, rattle, squeak etc etc and they have teethers too.
    xxx
  • I found toys with black and white patterns worked well... but at 2 weeks I honestly could not get my baby interested in toys really - you'll probably be able to hold her interest in one thing for a few minutes at most (sorry!)

The things that my baby loved most in the early days were some photos of my nieces and nephew on my wall - he seemed to love all those smiley faces, especially at 5 weeks when he started smiling back.
  • My lo is only 5 weeks but loves her play gym - she kicks and thrashes about for ages amusing herself,, and I've fastened a mirror to it and she loves whacking the image of herself! lol (was a baby friendly one obviously lol, from Asda).

xx
  • I second the lamazee range of toys, and also play mat. However If Sara is anything to go by I wouldn't get too involved 'entertaining' your LO - Sara used to get over stimulated and then be sooooo grumpy by the end of the day!

Its great when they start to interact - enjoy every minute

xxx
  • My lo is 9 weeks old and his favourite thing is his fisherprice rainforest play gym. It keeps his attention as it has lights and sounds. He also loves anything that lights up. I have a couple of vtech toys that play music etc.

Or he likes staring out the window and watching the tree move outside our house!
    I agree with the others though, anything brightly coloured and black and White. Don't bother with pastal colours
  • At that age, my lo was fascinated by lights. MIL has fairy lights around the picture rail in her dining room, and he loved looking at them! And a friend's baby loved twinkling lights on the Christmas tree at that age too. x