Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010

A stone!

image Ok, so I know most of you are already there, but Ewan hit the one stone mark today - yay! He was 7lb 1 at birth so only 2 ounces off doubling his birth weight! Now if only I could lose that amount of weight (and the rest)

How are everyone elses little ones doing?

Replies

• yay image Emily weighed in at 14lbs 1ozs today at 18 weeks image

A stone is quite a milestone, Emily was 8lbs 15ozs at birth so she is still has a bit to go to double her birth weight!

Lx
  • Isabelle was weighed last week think she must of been 18 weeks then or exactly 4 months old ( i loose count lol) and she was 14lb 6oz my chunky monkey! No wonder my arm hurts and the car seat is to heavy to carry anywhere!! xx
  • Well done Emily for reaching a stone too! To be fair, it is easier for lower birthweight babies to double their weight!
  • Isabelle was weighed last week think she must of been 18 weeks then or exactly 4 months old ( i loose count lol) and she was 14lb 6oz my chunky monkey! No wonder my arm hurts and the car seat is to heavy to carry anywhere!! xx

I'm with you on that one... have given up trying to carry the car seat further than 5 steps - probably my own fault for buying a mega-heavy car seat without thinking about the weight of a baby in it as well!
  • Alfie was weighed today (he's 17 weeks tomo) and weighs 11lb now. He was 6lb 14 at birth so still a bit to go before he doubles his birth weight.
  • Harry was 19lb 11oz last week at 16 weeks! He just seems so much bigger, but he's just going to be a big boy. I can just about carry him in the car seat, but not for long i don't think.
    Think it might be a while before he doubles his birth weight as he was 12lb 5oz. Def easier for smaller birth weight babies!

• Think it might be a while before he doubles his birth weight as he was 12lb 5oz. Def easier for smaller birth weight babies!

Don't think you're hoping for him to reach his 24lb 10oz double any time soon (wow! image That's quite some weight!) You must be in 6-9 month clothes already then? And probably stretching those
  • Lol mrs cp, def not actually willing him to double it just yet lol! He's doing really well, just a big boy, when he was born went straight to 3-6 month clothes and size 3 nappies. Yes, now mainly in 6-9 month clothes and they're mostly just right, but some won't last too long.
    I have given him some bits of baby rice etc as I said in the weaning thread, but he is mostly content on milk, mind you that's usually around 40oz of hungry baby sma!
    I'm sure it is nice for you though that Ewan has almost doubled his weight, lovely to see them doing well xx
  • Thanks RickiD - it is great to see him doing well as I've had so many issues with feeding - poor attachment during breastfeeding at the start meant he dropped to 6lb 8oz, and in the end I had to stop breastfeeding because it just got too hard (hoping to do better with number 2). On bottles he has always had less than I thought he should (but then I forget that the guidelines are for average babies and Ewan is determined to be anything but average!) and he has always been very sicky (as I have mentioned on the weaning thread I think) so to see him gaining weight anyway is fantastic!

I don't think you're alone with having a big boy though - lots of Feb mummies seem to have had big baby boys.
  • Exactly, as long as he is doing well, which he obviously is. I def think breast feeding, while of course is the most natural thing, it's not for everyone. I only lasted 3 days with dd and not at all with Harry, didn't do either any harm.
    Lots of bit feb babies, must have been something in the air last may!!
  • Evan was last weighed at 17wks and he was 16lb 9oz. Going to get my little chunky monkey weighed again on monday.
  • George was weighed last week, and is now 14lb 5oz so also over the stone mark. He's consistently put on 4oz a week so I can pretty much guess what he's gonna weigh before I take him to the clinic!