Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

9m too late to start with reusable nappies?

I have ds2 who is 9m next week and ds1 who is 2 half. They are both in nappies and ds1 has a few development probs so will be in them for a while yet. However I am sick to the back teeth of spending loads of money on nappies. Plus our bins are always over flowing.

Is it worth swapping now, do reusable nappies go big enough to use them when he's a few months older? Plus where do I start and which are best? I have a teeny budget, so I can't buy many. How many would I need? OMG so much to ask.

I had the nappy squares with ds1 but he has very sensitive skin and I struggled to cope with that and the blisters they gave him, so got rid of them.

Any help and or advice would be great!!

Thanks

xxx

Replies

• we love ur bumgenius v3's, which are about to be discontinued so offers should be coming up. i have 15 bgs. there are much cheaper nappies out there though.
  • never to late to start using them. my DD is 14 months and we've just started using them. i use fuzzi bunz in petite

• we are just starting at 6 months!

we have some pop ins, some bumgenuis and some unbranded ones fron ebay x
  • we love ur bumgenius v3's, which are about to be discontinued so offers should be coming up. i have 15 bgs. there are much cheaper nappies out there though.

ARE they? To be replaced ith a v 4.0 I hope to God! I don't want to live in a world without Bumgenius.
  • Lol mrs s..yep apparantly new nappy coming soon image xx
  • BG's (v3) are good, you might want to consider the flip ones as they are suitable for bigger babes, way above the 35lbs most reusables say. My bg 3's are getting a little small for DS if stuffed well, but I can still get double stuffing into the flips with room to spare!

• Re BG v3 discontinued - the nappy lady just emailed as I had some recommendations from her this week (Including BumGenius). She said v3 discontinuation announced yesterday and details of new nappy to be released 29th June for pre-order, dispatch of new nappy will be around mid-July.
    So if I am to go with the BGs I need to make a decision quickly and order now. I just can't decide though!
    xxx
  • We started at around 7 months. never too late. I don't use them exclusively but around 50% of the time. I've got some pop-ins, tots bots, bitti d'lish and blueberry. I like having a mixture of brands/styles and you can buy most nappies individually so you don't need to commit to one brand or a full time pack if you don't want to. x
  • eBay is good x
  • Thanks for advice ladies,

Ok just spent a small fortune on ebay!! I bought pocket nappies/one size nappies so I can use them with both the boys.
    I'll prob use them 50% of time, espec once I go back to work and fil has boys. He's confused enough by nappies anyway lol!

xxx
  • I have bum genuis and love them but do use sainsburys disposables at night or if we are going out for a long time.. its eaasier.