Forum home Babies Baby

what did you spend your HIP grant on.....

so over 70% of us didnt spend the "waste of money" HIP grant on food, well i would be pretty hungry waiting until 25 weeks to eat!

what did you spend it on?

Replies

• I got Cam's carseat and and a pregnancy haircut with mine! x
  • I got Cam's carseat and a pregnancy haircut with mine! x
  • i bought a birth to potty pack of bumgenius cloth nappies. well, i had to add money too.
  • good one pp - well ours went into our savings to help with mat leave - certainly didnt need it particularly but it was a suprise bonus!
  • I used mine on bedding, bottles, towels (and other bits like that) and as it came through the week before Xmas I got my ds1 a few extra christmas pressies too lol naughty me.
  • I didn't spend it on anything in particular, it just went in the bank with the rest of our money. But it certainly wasn't earmarked for 'healthy food', our shopping list pretting much stayed the same as usual, but we eat reasonably healthily anyway. I'm sure I just bought a few extra very cute but not entirely necessary things for lo.
    I'm surprised by the number of people that think that healthy eating is expensive, its far cheaper to cook meals from scratch than to buy junk food and takeouts.
  • for us it paid for another peek of our LO in the form of a 4D scan we would have otherwise not had x
  • we didn't get it, ds was born 21st march 09, and it didn't get introduced until 6th april x
  • we didn't get it, ds was born 21st march 09, and it didn't get introduced until 6th april x

imagine how annoyed i was. hollie was due on the 25th april 09 but wasnt born until the 8th april 09 but because her due date was before the 6th i couldnt get it.

and they try to say term is anywhere between 37-42 weeks!
  • 4D scan too. We already eat healthily and buy loads of fruit and veg so didn't have a baring on that for us.
    Good thread!!!
    xxxx
  • Clothes, bedding, any bits and pieces we still needed to get. As others have said I eat fairly healthily anyway - not like I was going to rush out and buy ??190 of fruit and veg!
  • "imagine how annoyed i was. hollie was due on the 25th april 09 but wasnt born until the 8th april 09 but because her due date was before the 6th i couldnt get it.

and they try to say term is anywhere between 37-42 weeks!"

sleepybeccie, thats ridiculous, surely in that case it should be edd and/or actual birth date! x
  • I had the clutch fixed on my car. Kept the whole family healthy, we live at the top of a 16% incline....
  • It went into our account and got absorbed by day to day living, although it was earmarked to pay for some of the pram. Either way it didnt make me eat any more healthily than I normally do.
  • I had the clutch fixed on my car. Kept the whole family healthy, we live at the top of a 16% incline....

Love it! :lol:
  • Thats crazy that some of you ladies didnt get it, my niece was born 28th March, she was 2 weeks early but she still got it!!

Ours went into our bank and just was used on a few bits and pieces, nothing in particular

[Modified by: Rosapenny on June 22, 2010 10:49 PM]

• yeah her edd was the 6th, I think its awful though, they knew that it was coming in, you think they just would have given it out!!
  • rosapenny, she would've got it cos her edd was the 6th april or later, ds was edd 15th march, and born 21st, and sleepybeccie's lo's edd was 25th march, although she wasn't born til after it came in so i think its high unfair she missed out... x
  • Erm...ours went towards the wardrobe for the nursery!!

xx
  • havnt spent it yet!! we want a breadmaker but are waiting for a good deal on a decent one.