Forum home Babies Baby

when to stop sterilising?

we are coming up to six months next week and wondered when we need to stop sterlising his bottles/beakers and dummys?

Replies

• Hiya,

I was told that beakers, spoons, bowls, teethers etc are ok to stop at 6 months, bottles and teats up to a year.

Hope that helps

xx
  • I stopped sterilising when DD was seven months, when I caught her licking the cat.

With DS (10wks) we sterilise for formula but often don't bother for expressed breastmilk, just wash and rinse in hot soapy water.

Universal wisdom says one year, take that and make your own judgment on it like I did!
  • bottles for milk etc is 12months (alhtough i carried on til this week, 15months, as i didn't know, and checked iwth hv and she said 12months)..beakers for water is 6months, and also at 6months their drinks water (not for milk) can jsut be tap wtaer rather than cooled boiled water. u need to boil wter for formula all the time ur using it regardless of age. dummies, tbh i stopped sterilsing daily at 6months, and started doing ti once a week and good wash in between as i figured at that age he's oicking up all his toys and anything else he could get his hands on whackingt hat in his mouth so ... and then from 12months i gave up sterilsing them at all and just give them a wash when i think about it.
    hth xx
  • thanx ladies

and :lol: at mrs setters

LO puts anything he can get his hands on in his mouth, so i need to sterilise for milk but not for water and i can use tap water for drinking
  • I stopped sterilising when DD was seven months, when I caught her licking the cat.

With DS (10wks) we sterilise for formula but often don't bother for expressed breastmilk, just wash and rinse in hot soapy water.

Universal wisdom says one year, take that and make your own judgment on it like I did!

Oh thats to funny,i needed a good laugh...thank you!x