Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Alcohol consumption

Hi All,

This is my first post on this site but have been reading all your helpful hints and tips for a while! I'm hoping you could offer some advice?! My husband and I have have decided to 'casually' try for a baby so we are not using protection and will see what happens for a few months before we put a plan into action image However, as I do like the odd beer and wine especially in this glorious weather - will I be putting myself at risk of damaging a baby if I so happen to of conceived this month? Obviously when the day comes and I find out I am pregnant I wouldn't drink at all but what happens in that time leading up to getting your BFP?? I know it sounds like a silly question but just wondering what other ladies are doing???

Replies

• Hi Poppy

Welcome to the forum. I asked my doc about alcohol and she said there is nothing wrong with a couple of units a day. I don't think baby takes from you in the first two weeks anyway so whilst on your two week wait leading up to af if you had conceived it wouldn't harm the baby.

Saying this, I think lots of people opinions differ on this but as I said my doc said it was ok.

Hope this helps.

V xx
  • Hi Vicksy,

Phew, that is good to know. I know it is v difficult as lots of people have huge difference of opinion with alcohol. I can relax a little and enjoy my holiday!! Thanks for the advice!! xx