Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

am i normal?

Hi,my name is kim and i am new and could really do with your help, i have been on microgynon 30 for 8 years since i was 16. i went on it due to very irregular periods,i.e every 6 months or a year gap and i was also seeing my boyfriend so thought it was best to go on the pill. i have been with my boyfriend for 8 years and we have just got married aged 24, we both would really love children. we have just decided that i come off the pill to give me a head start in getting my periods back.i am worried what my periods are going to be like because i was iregular before i went on it and will i conceive. has anyone experienced this,

many thanks for reading my message xxx :\(

[Modified by: Kimbo86 on 27 June 2010 11:20:37 ]

[Modified by: Kimbo86 on 27 June 2010 17:46:39 ]

Replies

• Hi kimbo

Welcome to BE. Unfortuantely, no-one can guarantee what you will be like now you have finished your pill. All I can say is, it may take a while for your body to get back to normal and once this has happened it might be useful to use ovulation predictors to see if you actually ovulate every month as you may still do even though you haven't had a period. One girl didn't get a period at all but still got her bfp so that just shows you don't always need it.

If you want to know anything else petal just ask away.

good luck

V xxx
  • Some doctors believe that you have a surge in fertility immediately coming off the pill - so you may want to take advantage of that!
  • Thank you so much for your advise, i think your right. i also like your idea with the ovulation predictors. i've heard that too with being more fertile straight after coming off. i think i worry of the unknown (who doesnt) im so grateful for your help, you've both really helped me, i will see what happens and update on here.

Thank you so much xx :\)
  • Hi,

I started taking microgynon when I was 16 as well, and just came off it in March after almost 11 years of taking it! I was really worried as I'd read about loads of people having problems with it, especially as I'd been taking it for so long. Anyway, my first cycle was 29 days, second 32 so so far (touch wood!), things aren't too bad. Fingers crossed yours sorts itself out too! xxx
  • congrats on your wedding image

your cycles wont necessarily be the same! its a waiting a see game i am afraid

good luck x