Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The hot weather

Hi ladies

Just wondering how frequently your lo's are feeding in this hot weather?

Lyvi is still sleeping through from about 10pm till 6am (she used to sleep till between 8 and 9am but not sure if this is due to the heat or just a change in her routine) but is really quite hungry/thirsty when she wakes. She then feeds every 2 - 2 1/2 hours during the day as oppose to every 3 hours before.

I think it is due to the weather but she is 6 months old so I guess it could be a bit of a growth spurt too.

Love NN and Olyvia xxx

Replies

• Hi hun,

Emily is feeding every 2-3 hours during the day, she doesnt really cry for a feed, i just keep offering it to her. Although i think she would feed all day every day if i let her! greedy madam! lol.

If it is really warm at night she definately wakes more often, if it is cool she only wakes once but if it is warm it is more like 3-4 times!

Lx
  • My LO is 8 months and has started waking at 4am for a feed as he is thirsty when he was sleeping through. He is also drinking more milk in the day (feeding for longer than he used to) as well as drinking water. At least breast milk becomes more thirst quenching in the hot weather so I know he's getting plenty of fluids image
  • My LO is 8 months and has started waking at 4am for a feed as he is thirsty when he was sleeping through. He is also drinking more milk in the day (feeding for longer than he used to) as well as drinking water. At least breast milk becomes more thirst quenching in the hot weather so I know he's getting plenty of fluids image
  • Hi NN, my lo is feeding more on the hot days and ive gone back to feeding at 10pm again which i had stopped. He is waking up in the night, not every night but some nights and im sure its the weather. We dont last 3 hours through the day either, its more mucked up if he has fed in the night coz then his breakfast is like 9am so its a struggle to fit all his feeds in. Yesterday he fed about every hour and a half all day!!

Im just going with it!!

Gemm x