Forum home Babies Baby

RUSKS!!!

hey onderful ladieS, MY KEYBOARD IS NOT WORKINH PROPERLY SO I APOLOGISE FOR THE BIIIIIG LETTERS.

MY LO IS TEETHING AT THE MOMENT AND I TRIED THE TEETHING RUSKS FROM MILUPA AND SHE LOVES IT, AND I BOUGHT FARLEYS FROM HEINZ, THEN I HEARD AND READ ON THE PACKAGE THAT IT CONTAINS SUGAR, SO MY QUESTION IS, DO YOU USE THESE RUSKS? HOW MUCH? AND ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THIS HIGH SUGAR CCONTENT?

ALSO, WHEN CAN WE GIVE LO A NORMAL JOGHURT?

THANKS ALOT LADIES, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITHOUT YOU

LOVE
RENEE

Replies

• hiya image Rusks do have a lot of sugar in them. You can buy reduced sugar ones though. Or you could try Bikipegs instead? Theyre little hard biscuits that are really really good.

On the yoghurt front...Id stick to either natural yoghurt or ones like little stars that advertise for babies as I think the ones like muller corners and stuff arent so suitable image hth
  • I haven't used the farley/heinz rusks because of the high sugar content but I have used bikipegs. They are little hard biscuits for teething but they don't wear away or seem to break but they keep her happy for a while. I know that plenty of other ladies use them and their los love them.
    I use little stars or yoplait safari yougurts for dd, we started these when she was 6 months and she loves them.
  • We give Cam the Organix biscuits occasionally. One of them only had 0.9g of sugar in compared to 3.0g of sugar in the reduced sugar farleys rusks. Also in the annabel karmel book there is a recipe for homemade rusks which i'm going to try out this week! xx
  • The amount of sugar in the Hipp rusks really shocked me - i tasted one and even i thought it was sweet (and i ahve a sweet tooth).

I give LO Yeo Valley youghurts, they are about 35p for a small pot. I tried him on the baby ones but he wasn't interested! x
  • OOOH I LOVE THE IDEA OF MAKING YOUR OWN RUSKS, I SHOULD LOOK UP SOME RECIPES THEN.
    BY THE WAY LADIES, I LIVE IN GERMANY AT THE MOMENT, AND THEY WERE DOING SOME TESTS ON ALL BABY FOOD, AND TO MY UTTER AMAZMENT, HIPP SCORED ALMOST THE WORST, ESPECIALLY ITS FOOD JARS AND JUICE, JUST TO LET YOU KNOW, NESTLE SCORED BETTER AND MILUPA TOO