Forum home Babies Baby

Mrs Amanda - Pampers Active Fit

Hello,

Are you the same lady on NappyValley? If so please can you copy and paste the following to your friends?! They have not changed them again they have only changed the outer packaging. Pampers New Baby also have the new DryMax technology in them.

There are a very large volume of complaints now for leaks and also chemical rash like burns - see the following links - (can you let your friends see the follow):-

Pampers own web site - see comments at bottom (many many pages) http://www.pampers.co.uk/en_GB/proddetail/baby-products/active-fit-nappies/id/2/curSize/50

BBCWatchdogs blog (again at bottom many many complaints):- http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2010/05/pampers_causing_a_stink.html#comments

My UK Facebook page:- http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112466695451972&v=wall

Some mums and I are having a meeting with Proctor & Gamble on Friday to try and get some answers. Too many babies are having skin reactions now (not normal nappy rash) for it to be a coincidence. Complaints have been made to Trading Standards.

You can search any other baby forum and you will find a loads of threads with heads up and complaints.

xx

Replies

• sorry g/c your post, but just wanted to say i was wondering why the Pampers New Baby nappies had such a strong chemical type smell from them! They are so thin as well! Not very good! x
  • so glad that when i was in mothercare last week they were havng an end of stock sale on their old stye pampers new baby so i bought a couple of packs of those as remembered someoen saying thyey had changed them like they had the active fit. v glad i got the old style ones now! x
  • Yay! it IS you lol

I just did a google search on the latest complaints and that thread popped up and I thought how rude- someone stole your name lol :P I thought it may be you and glad it is.

Thank you for reposting. Just want to keep parents informed. Proctor & Gamble are on the outside in denial (of course!) but the complaints speak for themselves and the 1/3 off offers are frustating as maybe people who would not usually buy them are buying them and mostly being caught out.

Thanks again.
  • Hmmm erm... but I AM in SW London :O

Thanks for support x
  • Sorry to G/C but thanks for posting this!

I saw the posts about watchdog, and assumed that all that was wrong was a bad fit. I received 4 nappies through the post yesterday, and thought it couldn't hurt to give them a go.

Well today, dd has a really sore bum. She has been hysterical with the pain, but I just assumed it was nappy rash. She is about to cut tooth number 5, and although the last 4 teeth have arrived without any pain/nappy rash, I had put this sore bum down to teething. (she has only ever had nappy rash once at 6 weeks, and is now 9 months)

I am now thinking more along the lines of the stupid nappies :cry:

Good luck with your campaigns :\)
  • Hannahs_Mummy - I too received a pack of 4 nappies in the post yesterday! :lol: I've shown them to OH and he has read all the complaints and he threw them straight into the bin. His comment was -
    "there's no padding at the back... what if she does a poo in her sleep, coz thats where it usually goes.... they smell funny... they are too thin.... "
    then he splurted his coffee everywhere when i read the bit about them being used overnight! Said not a chance.

Suz I really really hope they do something about it, it is painfully clear to mums that the product is inferior and causes problems, but a massive company like that thinks were just ants they can crush, and our kids are even less important to them.
    Funny how they've got this big campaign out now after 1000s of complaints about them.

xx
  • We have been using the new nappies (in the OLD packaging) for a while now and not had any problems except 1 leaky occasion. BUT ...... twice now, Tobes has had a giant read blotch on his botty - not a rash - just a giant red, well giant red mark!!! Def. not a rash - and def. not teething rash. It went away quickly and he didn't appear phased by it - but it has made me wary and we are watching him in them like a hawk. Our local supermarkets have now sold out of all "old" nappies so we are trying the new ones in the new packaging very soon.

If we have problems, we will be on the hunt for new nappies!

xxx
  • Thanks for posting about this!
    I have to say that the new Pampers Active Fit ones smell reeeeeally bad, and I mean new from the packet! Very chemically smell to them, am thinking of switching but used Huggies when she was newborn and had leaks so I don't know really x
  • Oh no, I bought the Active Fits about a week ago as its all the shop had when I had to go late on when I realised I had run out and every single one has leaked!! To the point where her whole vests are drenched. And her bum looks red and spotty.

Thats it, I'm going back to using Boots own!! Never seem to have any issues with them.
  • Oh no, I bought the Active Fits about a week ago as its all the shop had when I had to go late on when I realised I had run out and every single one has leaked!! To the point where her whole vests are drenched. And her bum looks red and spotty.

Thats it, I'm going back to using Boots own!! Never seem to have any issues with them.
  • I got free nappies through the post yesterday in the bin they go image are all pampers nappies now changing then? Huggies leaked when he was little and pampers have been great but no way am I letting them make him sore!
  • Thanks for this post, ladies. Think I will put the free sample I received in the bin too, or maybe return them to pampers without a stamp so they have to pay the postage?!xx
  • Please keep sharing with all your Mummy friends - will let you know how it goes on Friday..

xx
  • Hmmm erm... but I AM in SW London :O

Ooh, are you? I had no idea! There doesn't seem to be many of us on here, despite the huge number of mums with babies in our neck of the woods. I'm in Balham.

Ah ha! I am on St. Reatham and Nor-bury borders lol :lol:
  • MummyJoo, B has been the same, not really a sore bum but red blotches, nothing like nappy rash. And have had a few leaks at night now. He's in active-fits at the moment! Will be in huggies from the morning after readng this!

xx
  • we only use huggies as the simply dry ones leaked and gave him a rash but pampers blamed us as parents saying we were doing it wrong. We got 2 samples in the post and 1 from boots - all in the bin and sent vouchers back - with note explaining that even if they were free we wouldnt be using them ever again. Must say have always found that pampers smelt of chemicals especially after first wee. It just smells 10times worse now
  • honeypops, that was exactly what i was thinking, i;m gonna send them back, but i'll open them up and do something to them so they can't re-send them to someone else.