Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Advice pls ladies

Hi, I'm quite new to this site as we've only been trying for one month. Sorry I'm not typing using the abbreviations but still trying to get to grips with it all. Anyway, do you think I should get an ovulation pred. kit now? or just work out my dates on my own? How accurate are they? Do you only really tend to use them after trying for a few months or should I just get one now? Sorry to ask so many questions, just not really sure.
Thx for your help

Replies

• hay hun xxx welcome and good luck xxx i think its each to their own with the ov kits xxx i just like to kmow my own body but others like to know whats going on xxxxxx
    good luck which ever u decide xxxx
  • I think it's down to your personal situation - I personally use them as I feel If I'm trying I'm trying and me and my husband (dh) don't want to have to baby dance (bd) for too many nights in a row as we are very busy with work so by using ov pred kits (opk's) helps me know exactly when I ovulate (ov) and when we need to bd! After using them for several months though I now know I ov quite consistently around the same time each month - for me it is cycle day (cd) 12 or 13. For others it can be very different though so if you want to get preg fairly quickly I would suggest at least using them for a few months to give you an idea of what day you ov. Good luck!
  • Hey mooker Its booey X we got the kits this month. They good i got positive ov yesterday and we doing smep. I thought i ov later that i do so i think it good. Im on cd 12 now fingers crossed for us. All x x x
  • Hey mooker Its booey X we got the kits this month. They good i got positive ov yesterday and we doing smep. I thought i ov later that i do so i think it good. Im on cd 12 now fingers crossed for us. All x x x
  • Hey,
    I am in the first month of trying too and have just bought some opks to try next month. Because I came off the pill I have no idea what my real cycle is so hoping these will help me know that a) I have started ovulating again and b) when it happens!

Its your decision though x
  • Thank you for all of your replies, think I may have to get an opk just to make sure it's the right time.

Baby on board - bless you for typing the abbreviations as well!

Hi booey! Lovely to hear from you!

Lots of luck to us all! x