Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Tilted Womb

Hi everyone

I hope you are all okay. Haven't been on here for a long time!

I had an ultrasound last week since I have been TTC for a year now with nothing happening and it turns out I have a tilted womb. This would explain all of the pain I get when I ovulate.

Does anyone else have a tilted womb? There are so many stories online about it and mixed views on whether or not it affects fertility.

Replies

• whenever i have a smear, they always say my cervix is slightly harder to find than usual. I told my nurse at my last one that we were ttc and she never said anything. also had an op last year and the gynae consultant never mentioned this? Not sure if it is the same as a tilted cervix. apparently some positions are better than others of you have one and they also say to lie on your tummy after bding rather than your back.

Im sure someone else posted the same ages ago and lots of ladies with same problem posted saying they had no probs getting a bfp. Saying that we have been trying for ages now x
  • I have been told I have a tilted (or tucked) cervix which makes it harder when going for smear tests. I was wondering if this would maker it harder to conceive?
  • Me too - the nurse always mentions a tilted cervix at my smear. Not sure how it effects ttc?! Might try laying on my tummy now..the things we do! X
  • I have a tilted womb! It took us 6 months to conceive dd, and the month we did it was the month I lay on my belly!

It didn't cause me any problems, when I had an early scan at 8 weeks, they had to do an internal. The midwife told me that after about 3 months pregnant, you would never know the difference image
  • I have a tilted womb (also called retroverted) and I fell pregnant 3 times in 2 years when TTC my daughter without tracking ovulation or anything like that... I was told it can be slightly harder to get pregnant, but lying down with a pillow under your hips for as long as poss after BD'ing helps get the swimmers to the right place.

Good luck TTC hon!

Hannah xx