Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

SMEP

Replies

• Me too!I have to say I used the Zestica for the first time last night and really enjoyed it. I thought it had a great texture and OH and I had a giggle at him trying to work it!Lol! I think I might ov (if I ov!) on the 10th which is next Sat.OH and I have a wedding so it may be a drunken fumble that night but I hear they work too! :P I think I'm going to keep going after ov aswell. Can I ask: when you get a positive on your ov stick do you start from that day and BD for that day and 2 other days or do you wait a day and then start your 3 days of straight BDing?!This whole ovulation thing confuses me no end!! Lol!Keep us updated MrsEH! xxx
  • Found the zestica really good, we've got the individual applicators though so easier to apply! Again sorry if TMI but did you find there was less leakage after BD'ing using the zestica?

I would count positive ov test as the first day of your three in a row BD's i think. I think the day after would be ovulation day and so two days after would be 1DPO.

Are you finding the hot weather making you more tired MrsEH? I feel really lethargic lately. Think my OH is suffering today cos he just said to me, 'todays a day off from baby making isn't it? I'm knackered!' hehe, so funny.

Arghhhhh, really hope we all do it this month
  • What a fab comment from your hubby Wispa, I think we're both quite relieved that today is a day off too - I was at school 7 - 6.30 today! The heat is certainly not helping, but it does mean skimpy pjs!! I am so eager this month, I am worried I will be extra gutted if we don't catch this month.

I thought a positive opk meant you would ov in next 24ish hours, so I guess you obv that day and day after. Not sure if you do next day too or have a day off and then bd day after? Very complicated!
  • Lol,glad it's not just me being a blonde MrsEH!Haha!I'm with you on the being "extra gutted" this month after trying this!I've become even more determined to get pg after hubby's cousin's news last week...life's just so unfair sometimes!!

Lmao Wispa,your hubby's sweet...I bet mine's saying that in a few days too,lol!! I did find there was a bit less leakage after using the zestica...hopefully that's a positive sign!! image Cool,Ooh I wondered what all the DPO was about!Lol,and I'm supposed to be smart...glad people in my work can't see this,haha!

xxx
  • Been actively trying since Jan, but with no luck so far. I do have a short LP, but I think the main thing is that we just don't BD often enough, so this month we have been doing the SMEP

I'm not that good at recording CM levels, mainly because I don't tend to have much of the stuff, but here's my BDing from this month.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/29ff9a

Gosh.... it's like we are the newly weds we were 10years ago! Hopefully though the swimmers must find the egg this month???!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/29ff9a/ttc.png

• my ov test was positive yesterday and still is? Is that normal? X x
  • Yeah, I get that a lot of times. Just keep BDing image
  • Booey, think ov test can stay positive for a few days sometimes, very m=normal. You still count the first positive as your surge.
  • Defo normal booey! Still no positive OPK for me which suggests I am facing another long cycle..boo! My LP is always 15 days so for a 45 day cycle, my longest so far, I guess I'll ov next wed. Must keep that PMA up if it's a long one! Wispa, any luck in the ov department for you yet?
  • I'm joining you on the long cycle i think MrsEH. No positive OPK yet, was really hoping this cycle would be back to normal. Really strange tho cos been getting EWCM today and yesterday but no positive. Do you think OPK could be missing it?
  • Ooh, I don't know if opks can miss ov. Do you know how long your luteal phase is? That makes it easier to pinpoint af's arrival once you know you ov. It is so complicated! I thought I Ovd day 15 last month as had ewcm so we bd'd loads around then. Then around 4/5 days later I got very thick ewcm so did an opk and it was positive! That coupled with a long cycle is what lead me to do the smep and regular opks this month.
  • Do you think that poss i could get more EWCM later on in the cycle. It is just a small amount too so guess that would make sense if i get more later on. Not sure about luteal phase as this is only my second month off pill so it's all a guessing game. What time of the day do you do your OPKs?
  • Do you think that poss i could get more EWCM later on in the cycle. It is just a small amount too so guess that would make sense if i get more later on. Not sure about luteal phase as this is only my second month off pill so it's all a guessing game. What time of the day do you do your OPKs?
  • I do mine in the morning as soon as I am up. I had a faint line so I guess I will get a positive surge soon. I think keep a note of your CM but don't rely on that solely. Though if you keep up the smep, that should take away some of the worry. When were you planning to stop bding?
  • Yeah i do mine in the morning too cos that's the only time i haven't drunk anything for ages. Guess we'll keep bd'ing until after a positive or AF turns up. Just bought some more ov tests today cos think i may need more than one pack. Got SD one brand which were BOGOF which was good. What type do you use?
  • I have been using the cheap ones available on amazon. You get about 15 for ??3! How much were the SD ones? I had a baby dream last night - I never do that, am hoping that is a good sign. Have to say, I feel more relaxed using the smep.
  • Can you pee on the cheapies or do you have to pee in a pot. I like the ones to pee on? (again sorry if TMI) The SD ones still aren't cheap but just wanna do it thorughly this month then will use cheapies or just other signs. They are 15pounds for box of five or seven i think then box free. Actually thats so expensive compared to yours, oops. Internet purchase next time for me definitely. Especially as we should be spending money on the house at the mo!