Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

SMEP

Replies

• You have to pee in a pot with the cheapies, which is quite a challenge at 6am! Very good value though. Ooh, we have a house that needs lots of work doing to it! What is your current project? Are you getting the urge to nest?
  • Hehe, def getting the nesting urge. We've only just moved in and so i keep calling the smaller room the future nursery! Today was painting the spare room a cream colour. I'm absolutely knackered now but it looks good. Also bought ourselves a fancy hose attachment so we can have fun watering as we've never had a garden before, always had flats! The little things and all that. Next weekend is the bathroom got to paint and tile the floor. What's your current project?
  • Well we're just finishing putting in a new bathroom - my husband was fitting one of those giant rain shower heads today. Next would probably be the hallway - it's all painted but we stripped the landing and downstairs back to bare floorboards, which I adore, but we gave up on the staircase and so it needs sanding and varnishing. We're hunting around for quotes for a conservatory at the mo, would be exciting to get that underway. I know what you mean about enjoying the garden, we are very fortunate to have a big garden, it is a bit of a struggle to keep on top of it tho. I swear it grows overnight! The house seems to eat time and money. I do like decorating though.
  • It's so true, a house is a lot of work but i'm enjoying it. Used to spend most of my weekend shopping and in town, now i'm pottering around home making but i love it. Wish i had an endless amount of money tho, we'd really like to knock the wall between the kitchen and dining room down but gonna have to wait for that. Rain head shower sounds amazing, i love those. Bet you can't wait to use it?
    Where abouts so you live? We're in Kent.
  • We're West Sussex, so not far! I like having plans for the house, I would hate to move into something that was finished or rush to get ours complete. I like pottering. Do you k
    like cooking? I am looking forward to the shower - I had to twist hubbys arm because it was quite pricey. We have awful water pressure so had to make the shower more exciting somehow!
  • I'm getting more into cooking but i'd prob say i'm more a baker, i love making cakes and sweet things. Looking forward to cooking more when i'm off work with a bubba (is it wrong to dream of being a housewife?!?!?). I've actually got quite a good career but i'm made to be a SAHM, hehe. When you off on your honeymoon?
  • I feel exactly the same - I would love to be a SAHM and bake. Some days it is all I daydream about! I think I'll probably go back to work part time if I can - I feel I've worked quite hard to get where I am and have good friends at work. We earn ??60,000 jointly so could probably manage but I worry about putting too much pressure on hubby and like the independence that having your own money brings. Hard to tell how you will feel though. I've wanted to always wanted to be a mum. So hard to not get too stressed about the waiting. I am a baker too - love making cakes and meringue. x
  • Still no positive on OPKs for me, shed loads of watery CM though. Thought I might have to dash to the loo in sainsburys!! Where oh where is that illusive positive? Anyone else having any luck? I am keeping my toes crossed that it will appear wed (CD20) otherwise may start to worry.. How are you getting on wispa? I am guessing you are around day 15?
  • Ooh more like CD17/18? That is how relaxed I am being this month.. Haha!
  • Hey all!!Howz the SMEP going?? I just bought a CBFM from Ebay so I'm hoping to start using that if SMEP isn't lucky first time this month!!I'll still be doing SMEP next month aswell though,lol! :P xxx

P.S. I also love to bake.In fact I've just made my hubby an Oreo Cheescake for his work!!I could happily do that all day with a bubba in his/her bouncer chair!! image I'm CD16 today and still no sign of Ov on OPKs yet! Getting fed up waiting!Lol! xxx
  • Oooh Bubba4us, another baker! I am glad to see other people want to stay at home and bake with babies at their feet! I hope that you get your positive OPK soon. Although, I was doing a little extra research yesterday and there is a whole school of thought that says if you can manage every day around your fertile window then go for it. Thinking about the fact that spermies can survive for around 4 days, your egg only lasts 24 hours and spermies take 10 hours to get to where they are going - it pays to get in there early. Some say the watery mucus you get before OV is in fact best and that the EWCM quickly gets sticky or even dry so actually bding on and after OV may not be enough alone. I guess it makes sense!

I got my positive OPK this morning - CD19, so I guess I ov in the next 24 hours. Luckily we had a cheeky, non-plan related BD session yesterday. Just a few days and I am into the dreaded 2ww!! My LP is defo 14/15 days so I think AF is due around the 22nd/23rd July. The weekend that we come back from our honeymoon, so could risk testing early whilst on honeymoon. Oooh.. I hope we can all move into Due in March. Good luck everyone and keep updating..

My how I have waffled...
  • hey ladies. . Well Im smep ing this month. . Im on dpo 8. . Had few symptoms like dizzy for last two days Mon head ache in morning for two days. .and today metal taste in mouth Like copper? Now i no sounds like maybe Preg but is this too early surly to start symptoms? We have bd 8out of 9 nights my other half is shattered lol x x
  • Oooh Booey, I hope it is positive news for you. I don't think it is too early for symptoms as some people get positive HPTs as early as 9DPO. When were you thinking of testing?
  • Ahh yeh I love baking - it's therapeutic!!I stayed up til 10:30 last night making hubby an Oreo Cheesecake for him to take some to his work as a few of his colleagues requested that I make them one,lol.I've never met them but they are demanding my cheesecake!Much as I was a bit miffed at getting home to only half the cheesecake I was also a bit flattered!!

I'm luvvin the BDing every day around ov time!I had to corner hubby in our half our "hand-over" window tonight between me getting in and him going to work,lol!!I'm all for it!Plus I have no idea when I'll be ovulating this month...I guess maybe around Saturday,according to iPeriod but I could be way off the mark so best BD every day around the weekend to be sure! :P We're around the same time-wise MrsEH so I hope we're both lucky this month!! image

Ooh booey, I hope this is your BFP...keep up posted!I'm with MrsEH,I've seen women on here who have had their BFP at 9 DPO!! image

xxx
  • I shall keep my fingers crossed Bubba4us! March would be fab. Well done on cornering your hubby! I waved my positive OPK in my husband's face this morn and said prepare for some serious action.. I am thinking tonight, tomorrow and Thur. We'll leave Fri and Sat as we're travelling and then again on Sun for good measures. Phew - we will be the only honeymooners to be off sex! Haha. I have to say that I have quite enjoyed the SMEP thus far and it hasn't been a chore - only once did I not feel 100% in the mood. Would rather we didn't have to do it again next month having said that though! Am trying to be positive but not get my hopes up, quite challenging!
  • Hahaha,loving that you waved it in his face!! image That sounds like a good plan to me!Hope you guys have a great honeymoon...wish it was me again!I'm enjoying the SMEP too. It has felt a little like a chore this month but I'm putting that more down to hubby being on night shift.I think that next month will be much more fun- if we get there unsuccessfully!Trying to keep the PMA up but hubs keeps dampening my spirit a bit.I think it's because he doesn't want me to get my hopes up as he's seen how upset I've gotten at bfns and at his cousin's pg joy this month!We all think they're having a girl too which I am longing for so that makes it all the worse!!At this point though I'll be happy to be pregnant at all,as long as he/she is healthy!!

BABY DUSTTT!!! image xxxx
  • Bubba4us, I so hope this is our month! Have you worked out when we would be due? I can't figure if it would be March or April?? Have you OVd yet? I found BDing yesterday a bit more challenging - hadn't realised how much pressure I had put on myself to do the deed on the right night after getting a positive OPK. I found it really hard to get in the mood, had to use the teeniest bit of lube to ge things going (sorry TMI) and now am kicking myself that what if it got in the way of the spermies just at the time we really needed it all to go according to plan. Rarr. See - already the 2ww stress has begun and I was doing so well with being calm and having PMA! You are so right Bubba4us - it is so hard not to get your hopes up. Oodles of baby dust and good luck.
  • Bubba4us, I so hope this is our month! Have you worked out when we would be due? I can't figure if it would be March or April?? Have you OVd yet? I found BDing yesterday a bit more challenging - hadn't realised how much pressure I had put on myself to do the deed on the right night after getting a positive OPK. I found it really hard to get in the mood, had to use the teeniest bit of lube to ge things going (sorry TMI) and now am kicking myself that what if it got in the way of the spermies just at the time we really needed it all to go according to plan. Rarr. See - already the 2ww stress has begun and I was doing so well with being calm and having PMA! You are so right Bubba4us - it is so hard not to get your hopes up. Oodles of baby dust and good luck.
  • Awww I hope BDing yesterday was your lucky time chick!!Sending lots of baby dusticle thoughts your way!!I know what you mean about the pressure,it's definitely a lot to deal with isn't it?!I find myself constantly thinking about getting pg...when Im at work,when Im actually BDing-it can't be good for you!!I really hope this is it for us!I'm defo not great at this ttc mullarkey but I think if we did get pg this month we'd be due at the end of March!

I did an OPK this morning and it was a negative but on the leaflet I got with them it says you synthesise LH in the morning so it's best not to use fmu as the levels won't really show up til later in the day-it suggests you test between 10am & 10pm!Thus I did another one tonight and still zilch! I suppose it'd be good if I Ovd on Friday (Cd20) as that's when Im getting my 21 day bloods done!!I'm really worried with everyone talkig about Ov symptoms on here cos I pretty much don't get any apart from what I think might be ewcm-which hasn't reared it slimy head yet this cycle,lol!!I really hope the doc can sort us out but it'll be another wait for these results and then probably for an appointment for whatever the next steps might be!!Sigh!

Ah well,let's try to enjoy the BDing as much as we can and hope there's a BFP at the end of our rainbow!! image xxx

[Modified by: Bubba4Us on July 08, 2010 12:03 AM]

• hey girls. . Well i reckon Im 10dpo now. Just realised the supplement Preg na care was giving me head aches and pains. . Since i stopped is gone lol so be warned ha ha. . I did Preg test i no lol bfn as suspected due on next wed. . So decades to go lol. Still getting + ov tests since last Tuesday weird or what. . ? So don't no when i actually ov. If we not lucky onwards and upwards hey+always next month. . He he x hope you all well x x