Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Playpen - mesh sides or bars?

Hi girls, haven't been on here for ages as it's so hard to juggle work and being a mummy!

We're looking into getting a playpen and we like the Babydan ones, but I can't decide whether to order a more traditional one with bars or whether to go for the 'travel' option with mesh sides and just bars for the gate. We will use it when we go away to visit relatives, but both styles you can unclip and pack in the car, it's only the weight that seems to be different. I'm very conscious of ds banging himself on the bars, but then play pens always used to be bars so other mums must have dealt with it for years! Plus, bars might be more hardwearing than the mesh, and we don't want to fork out for a new one if and when we have any more babies, so bars might just last better... not sure!

Any thoughts on which is best?

Em & Jak x x

Replies

• We have the mesh one which i used with both Tegan and Leo and its still in fab condition, i couldnt fault it in any way. If the mesh gets dirty then its really easy to wipe it off with a damp cloth. xx