Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Advice please

Evening ladies.

I am after some advice please. I took 2 HPT last week and got 2 positives! Was so excited and by my dates would have been 5 weeks on Friday just gone. Went out last night, went to the loo and when I wiped there was blood (not a lot but enough to worry!) Came home and phoned the out of hours Drs who advised that this was prob an early MC but to rest and take another test in about a week to make sure either way.

I am still bleeding today, not a huge amount - about the same as a period! I have been in bed all and am very emotional but am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. So what I would like to know is a few things as this was my first pregnancy;

1. How long will I bleed for?
2. Once I stop bleeding how long will it take before I have a period?
3. How long before we can TTC again?

I am trying to be positive and hope one of you can give me some answers to my questions so I can start to move on.

Thanks

Em x

Replies

• Em the first thing you need to do is get youself to your local early pg unit. They need to give you a scan to see what is happening. Lots of people bleed throughout pregnancy and everything is fine. They will be able to tell you if baby has a hb or growing as it should or if you have mc. Stay positive it's early days yet your little bean may well be ok. Go and demand some answers tomorrow. If you do get bad news then please come back here we are all here to help. Fingers crossed for you x
  • When I spoke with the out of hours last night they told me to wait and just do a test in a few days. I am not under any MW yet as was so early on I didn' have an appt till tomorrow.

Am really confused now! I am still bleeding now and it is like AF.
  • sorry to hear this hun, like 3054 said, i would ring EPU and push to see someone, the not knowing is terrible.
    I had a chemical preg after a proper mc and the chem sounded like what you're going through. many women do bleed though so push to get it checked out. x
  • As the other girls have said I would push for an appointment at the EPU clinic - as not knowing what's going on is terrible, at least if you no what's happening you can deal with it but stay try positive!

I had a mmc at 6 weeks in March, started spotting a week after my BFP (at 5 weeks), had a scan at EPU who told me my dates were wrong and I was earlier than I thought and would need to go back in 10 days, went back 10 days later and the gestation sac was bigger but it was empty. 3 days before the 2nd scan I started bleeding (like AF) which only last 5 days, I decided to take the constructive management method as didnt was D&C. Then nothing but was still testing positive so EPU repeated the scan and everything was still there so had to be admitted to have the tablets to make things happen.

We have been ttc ever since and I have just had my 3rd AF since mmc. I do think you should try and stay postive though as there is still a chance your little bean is OK (and I really hope it is) ....really push for an appointment.

Thinking of you xxx
  • As the other girls have said I would push for an appointment at the EPU clinic - as not knowing what's going on is terrible, at least if you no what's happening you can deal with it but stay try positive!

I had a mmc at 6 weeks in March, started spotting a week after my BFP (at 5 weeks), had a scan at EPU who told me my dates were wrong and I was earlier than I thought and would need to go back in 10 days, went back 10 days later and the gestation sac was bigger but it was empty. 3 days before the 2nd scan I started bleeding (like AF) which only last 5 days, I decided to take the constructive management method as didnt was D&C. Then nothing but was still testing positive so EPU repeated the scan and everything was still there so had to be admitted to have the tablets to make things happen.

We have been ttc ever since and I have just had my 3rd AF since mmc. I do think you should try and stay postive though as there is still a chance your little bean is OK (and I really hope it is) ....really push for an appointment.

Thinking of you xxx
  • Hi All

Thanks for your replies. I have been to the Drs this morning and they have agreed it is a miscarriage and advised me to let nature take its course. I am still upset but as I said yesterday am a firm believer in things happening for a reason.

After lots of tears yesterday I am looking forward and being positive! How long do we have to wait before trying again??
  • Big hugs to you but glad you are thinking positive again xx
  • Sorry to hear that hun, its up to you hun how long you wait. Most say wait 1 AF but a lot of people try again straight away and catch.
    I tried straight away after a controlled mc and fell but had a chem pg. I waited 1 AF and am now trying again.
    Just do what feels right xx
  • Hi,
    Its been 5 weeks since I had an ERPC (baby had no heart beat at 12 weeks) I have only just got my AF (first since procedure) as I was advised to wait by my DR although i think he was coming from an emotional point of view. There is no right or wrong answer, try when both YOU and OH are ready.
    I'm I firm believer like you that things happen for a reason, and when our time is right we will concieve again.

Stay positive, look forward and take your time

xxx