Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Do you ever worry...

HI,
I am on month 5 of TTC (CD14) and recently I have been lying awake at night worrying about never being able to conceive naturally.
I know in the whole scheme of things I have not been trying for long at all but it is starting to play on my mind.
What if I am unable to conceive! I hope people who have been trying longer than me find this an insensitive comment - it is not meant in that way at all.It is just always at the back of my mind!

x:\?

Replies

• MrsMel, i do all the time and only on month one of ttc! lol. been on the pill for almost 10 yrs (since i was 18) and always worry about stuff like that. i think its only natural hun.

xxx
  • Yes I do, we are onto month 3, so again I know this is a very short amount of time, but I start wondering that its not happened the last 2 months , so whats going to be different in the following months?? Grr Im such a pessimist, lol,

xxx
  • Yes, I have had a "feeling" from the very start of ttc. I don't mean to offend, but we are now on month 17 of trying and have a fertility appointment next month, so my fears have been ocnfirmed. The letter came in from the Infertility Department, which really hit home. I guess all I am trying to say is that, don't worry, as help will be at hand and we will all get our babies one day image

Good luck with your journey - and don't stop having fun in the process!
  • MrsDoc good luck with you appointment. It is good to know that medical community is there to support.
    We are still having fun with it but I just dont understand that if I am using my cbfm and bding at the right time why it is not happening!
    I think that the length of time I was on the pill comcerns me as well.
    x
    ah well keep going
  • MrsMel I have been TTC only a tiny bit longer than you (about a week into month 6) and I too get this nagging worry from time to time. I think it is only natural to feel this way after a few months without even a sniff of a BFP when it is something we want so much.

I keep trying to remind myself that it is perfectly normal for things to take this long (or much longer!) but it can be hard when plenty of people get pg straight away (or even by accident!) I too sometimes wonder why it hasn't happened when l know hubby and I have BD'd at the right time each month.

Sorry, that is more my own ramblings / concerns there - but what I am trying to say is that you are definitely not alone in feeling this way and I'm sure it is 100% normal to have these thoughts / worries. But try to remember that many, many people do take longer than 5-6 months to conceive but go on to get pregnant soon after. I hope that doesn't sound like I am dismissing your worries as I am in exactly the same boat as you - that pep talk is aimed at myself just as much as anyone else! xx
  • hello image

Just as MrsDoc, I had this bad feeling deep inside for so long, when I got married I tooks pills for 3 months, and I constantly worried about TTC. I even kept asking drs.

Now 10 months later my concerns were true, but in my case it was due to male factor. I thought it would be me but its DH.

I don't mean to say that these feeling will turn true, but in my case I had it for so long.