Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

pregnancy tests how accurecy are you?

hi im ne on here and would like some advice, we have been trying for our 2nd baby for over 2 years with no succses but over the last few weeks i have been feeling really ill dizzy, overly tired and heartburn galore so i did a test 8 days earlier than my period was due this test came back with a very faint line so we decided to buy another test and the same happend a very faint line so 6 days early than my period is due tdy we have done a clearblue digital test wich read NOT PREGNANT how accurate are they oplease help ?! thanx

Replies

• Hi there, the CBD aren't very sensitive, most ladies don't get a reading on these until they are late for there period. I would wait until at least the day of your period.

You should have a look in ttc or pregnancy, you can find out so much in there.

Congratulations.

V xx
  • ok thanx ill have a look now its just so confusing ye x
  • the chances are its too early the digi tests are designed to use from your missed period, as with all the clearblue tests you very rarely get a + before AF is due, the best ones to use before AF is due are first response or superdrugs own, they giev quite good lines early on

good luck x
  • i sued predictor tests first thats what the faint line came up on both of them i thought cos the cb was more expensive maybe theyd wrk better its really knocked me this time as after nealry 3 years trying n seeing that faint line was like OMG xx
  • well ive started coming on my period so i guess u cn get false positivesx
  • Hi,

I'm sorry your period has started. If it is still only spotting perhaps it is not an af but impantation?
    If not I hope you can get lucky next month.

Have you sought any help/advice from your gp on ttc?
  • ye im on the waiting list wich is nearly 2 years! gutted i did another test cos it was spotting and that was negative to! x
  • well i still get the feeling sick n bad heartburn and ive not come on my period properly yet but i am having spotings as if im going to come on what does this mean? x
  • Hiya,
    You can still be pg and have a breakthrough bleed where your body tries to have a period but its not a real period as you are pg. Some women even bleed the whole way through so I have read.
    I know also some women don't get a BFP until a week after AF is due so you may want to give it one final go next week if the period is still light?

You know your body best x
  • its hard to know what to do ye its just a knock down everytime i do a test but if i dont do one im always thinging about it! im not due on properly till tue so might wait till then thanx hun x
  • well ive come on my period properly now so i guess the tests were wrong! once again a knock down!!!!image
  • so sorry to hear your news ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))