Forum home Babies Baby

Jeez, how will I EVER get the rest of this weight shifted?!

Hi Mummies
I put on 4 stone when pregnant, DD is now 8.5 months and i've still got 1.5 stone to go but it's been lingering for aaaaages now and no matter what I do, just isn't going and it's starting to really get me down :cry:

I'm a healthy eater and exercise well. I've also been following a body blitz diet for the past 7 days (no wheat, no carbs, no sugar, etc - but surprisingly still satisfying lol) and I weighed myself this morning...........not even lost a pound!!!!!!!
I walk approx 20 miles with the pushchair each week, aswell as running after a crawling baby, do Davina Fit DVD once, sometimes twice, a week and do the Wii Fit too.
So why on earth am I not losing ANYTHING??!!
I feel big for my frame, I'm only 5ft 3" so desparate to at least get back to pre-pregnancy weight (which is the one & a half stone I've got left to lose).

What can I do? Why am I not losing it? Any tips?
xx

Replies

• No tips I'm afraid but just wanted to let you know you're not alone - I've got a feeling that my post baby body is never going to be the weight I want ... I think things have just changed... that and I think I need to eat more now to give me energy to look after the little man ! x
  • i know what you mean, weightloss seems to be really hard after a baby! I know that interval training is supposed to be the best fat loss exercise, as it increases your metabolism for a longer period of time. You should sprint/run fats for 1 min, then jog for 2-3 mins, until breath is back to normal, and keep repeating. Also, run really fast up a big hill, and jog slowly down! could also try circuits trainig and spin classes image

I would also say to beware of any diets where you cut out sugar and carbs etc. as this will only result in short term weight loss, you might gain it back pretty quickly. just eat as healthily as possible, and have a few treats.

not sure if this is any help, but this is what I have been doing the last 2 months. My LO is almost 6 months old, and even though she is EBF, i did not lose a single pound! i sorted out my eating, and it made hardly any difference. since introducing the more strenuous exercise (about 5 times per week!) I have lost on average 1lb per week . i wish it was more though!

hope this helps image

• the thing with weight loss chick is sometimes you think your not losing but your defining muscles instead,toning up up instead

if your eating healthy chick only thing i can think of is upping your exercise,i no its hard with a LO but you need to get your heart rate up and push that little bit more

i no its ironic coming from me as im over weight but i did pass with advance higher in PE lol and also studied fitness health and exercise at college lol
  • Thanks ladies - in a weird way it's nice to know I'm not the only one!
    I just think it's strange that I'm not even losing a pound though hmmm.....

Hey Grudie image Nice to see you over here, you should be a permanent fixture though image
    Yeah I'd love to do more "proper" exercise but I just don't always get the chance lately xx
  • haha ive STILL to go through preg before i get here :lol: most people i 'know' are in here now lol so i linger x
  • Ah linger all you like chick image

Any other ideas as to why I'm losing anything? x
  • I know what you mean!!! I put on 3 stone during pregnancy then due to getting pre-eclampsia, I managed to lose 2 stone after giving birth as a lot of it was water retention. I thought losing 1 stone would be easy now and managed to lose half a stone in the early days through not having enough time to eat and just wanting to sleep all the time. Now my DS is settled in a routine and sleeping through, I'm eating better and low and behold have put weight back on. I need to lose 1 stone and boy is it difficult despit like yourself going for lots of nice long walks. It's just so so so hard!

My husband swears by a training exercise (he plays football) called tabata. Basically, you get a stopwatch that has a beeper mode on it. He programs it for 4 minutes and sets the beeps so the the first goes off at 20 secs, the second at 10 secs. For the first 20secs you sprint as fast as you can, when you hear the 2nd beep, you rest. Continue doing this for the full 4 minutes. It's knackering but high impact cardio which burns fat quickly and continues burning whilst you're resting. Apparently all the premier league and referrees do this exercise xx
  • Hi Lara, thanks Hun yeah I'd thought about that myself however I had a blood test done a couple of months ago (to check on my anaemia) but the Dr says he checked for everything and it was all fine. Hmm, might go and see them again though just to double check.
    Out of curiousity did they put you on medication? x
  • Hi Kelly, I've been doing weight watchers and have managed to shift over 3 stone, without really doing much apart from counting points. I am lighter now than before I was pregnant. I am down to 9 stone 3lbs and am wearing clothes that were previously too tight for me! still have around 7-10 lbs to go as i'm only 5ft! but it hasn't been as big a chore as other diets are because they do such a variety of meals including not so naughty desserts!! x
  • Hi Kelly, I've been doing weight watchers and have managed to shift over 3 stone, without really doing much apart from counting points. I am lighter now than before I was pregnant. I am down to 9 stone 3lbs and am wearing clothes that were previously too tight for me! still have around 7-10 lbs to go as i'm only 5ft! but it hasn't been as big a chore as other diets are because they do such a variety of meals including not so naughty desserts!! x
  • I know how your feeling. With my first pg I lost 5stone after wards bringing me down to less than I had weighed in years. This time after Oskar despite EBF at least 8times a day (he is now 7months) I still struggle to lose weight. I put a lot of weight on during pregnancy due to not being able to walk/do anything from a mixture of severe SPD and baby crushing my internal organs causing me to pass out if I stood up for more than 2 minutes. (4.5 stone to estimate) 7 months down the line I have managed 2 stone despite a lot of walking/ swimming etc. I am also on a restricted diet for Oskar (different problem) I have had blood tests to check to see if my thyroid is underactive as it can happen from pregnancy apparently but have been told otherwise that my bodied metabolism has slowed right down and is refusing to take it up a gear after not being able to do anything in pregnancy.
    Keep going it will suddenly vanish without you realising!!