Forum home Babies Baby

night waking, development phase ??

Hi

Tyler is 7.5 months old and in the past few days has started to crawl forwards and pull himself up, he's also started nursery for 3 days a week and has a cold. Along the same time he has started waking at either 1am or 3am when i go in to re-settle him he drinks a full bottle of milk (i think this is because he's abit picky with his milk in nursery) and then i just pop him back in the cot and he settles himself.

Do you think this could be a development thing or has he regressed, he was doing so well, sleeping through 4 nights out of 7.

Thanks

Sarah

Replies

• is it only on nights that hes been at nursery?
  • i would love to say yes, but no. It started when he had a cold last week and his nose was completely blocked, he stil has abit of it lingering, but has since worked out how to crawl, so whenever i go in to settle him he's on all fours trying to crawl. at 1am its not so funny !!
  • We've been having the same thing with our lo. She has been crying out at night & when I've gone into her, she's on all fours crawling around the cot (with her eyes closed!). If she's particularly distressed,I'll pick her up & cuddle her before putting her back down. I think it's a developmental thing, as they're learning new skills & are processing these & practicing them in their sleep. I can't comment about the night time feeding though, if this is new. Could it be a growth spurt?xx