Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Rolling over question

Hi mummies,

James is 6 months old in 3 days (!). He can roll from front to back, and back to front, although he did it then took ages to do it again. Now there's no stopping him.

My question is did anyone's lo only roll in one direction for a while? He'll roll from back to front to the left, and from front to back to the right....so the same way. He will roll onto his right side, but just doesn't go fully over that way when on his back.

Mind you if he can be bothered to roll off his tummy once he's got there, it's a good day! :lol:

Thank you. xx

Replies

• Ha...

Arthur was like this at first hun! But now he is rolling in all directions! Nightmare to catch.

xxx
  • We've got a wooden floor, and the toys take up most of the rug (jumperoo, playnest and gym). It's when he's on his tum near the edge of the mat, I have to figure out which way he's facing as to where he's going to roll, as he sometimes turns too quick and hits his head on the wooden floor! :roll: It'll be worse when he rolls both ways! xx
  • Pops is the same, she prefers to go over to her right side, but will go the other way if there's something in that direction she wants :lol: ! xx
  • Pops is the same, she prefers to go over to her right side, but will go the other way if there's something in that direction she wants :lol: ! xx
  • James was on his tummy earlier, all his toys were to his left, the side he doesn't roll to! He rolled to the right, onto the wooden floor. Only once he was there did he realise, he was within reach of daddy's DVD's! image Needless to say I grabbed him quick, before they all fell on his head! :roll: xx