Forum home Babies Baby

gap between 2 front teeth

Hello ladies, My lovely 11 month old daughter has her top 2 front teeth. I have noticed that there is quite a big gap between them. Now it is very cute looking :\) but I was wondering if it would be permanent (lots of my mum's family have a gap between their 2 front teeth) or whether they will be pushed closer together when all of the others are through?

What do you think? Anyone have any experience of this?

Helen x

Replies

• I'll be interested to hear the replies, as my LO has gap between front teeth too. No-one in our family does though, so I'm thinking when the other teeth come through them might be pushed together, as you say.
  • ds2 has a big gap, but I'm not worried as Ds1 did at the same stage. However there is no gap to be seen now he has all of his teeth! So you'll probably see the gap close.

xxx
  • http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs028.snc1/2396_72084400927_692455927_2591130_5577_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs434.snc3/25012_415960180927_692455927_5475060_6732096_n.jpg

Just some pics so u can see when he had the gap and what his teeth are like now
  • Ooh fab thanks for that! x
  • Hi when my 2 yr old was younger he had a big gap in his teeth (we used to call him Alan Carr lol) but as he has got his other teeth they have moved closer together.
  • My little brother's party trick used to be putting a Mini Cheddar biscuit between his 2 front teeth!!
    Probably not the kind of experience you were looking for people to share, but it reminded me and made me chuckle.
    Some people say it's good luck apparently to have a gap.
    xxx
  • DS has a big gap too but I'm hoping it will close when his other teeth push thru x
  • My son has a big gap, not as big as it used to be as a baby admittedly. He is nearly 9 and his adult teeth came through the same. They aren't very far apart but you could fit something small like a pen nib (not that i would) in the gap.His dentist says he is lucky to have it as spaced out teeth get brushed properly so are less likely to rot.
  • My dd2 had a gap at first but now she has other teeth it has gone bit sad as it was soo cute.
  • My DD had this when her teeth first came through, But as she got more through either side, the gap closed up. She now has a full set of teeth and no gaps image

xx
  • My DD had this when her teeth first came through, But as she got more through either side, the gap closed up. She now has a full set of teeth and no gaps image

xx
  • Beth has a gap too. As others have said I'm sure it will close later on. x
  • i had a brace at 28 to close my gap, for my wedding. the dentist never would as he said he likes individual smiles, and the cleaning aspect already mentioned. my neice has the same gap and wears a brace now, at 15.