Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

what do you count as the start of your period?

sorry really silly question but im not sure when to start counting as i think i have my af but its so light that i dont know if i can say its even started yet!
friday and saturday i had light pink discharge, sunday a tiny bit of blood and today a little bit of blood!

this is not like my normal periods, i dont even need to wear a pad, its so light.

i just need to know when to start counting so i can work out when to start using an opk

thanks!

Replies

• Options
    I've read that you should count the first day of af as the day you first see red blood. So if you spotted brown for a day or so that wouldn't count. However, I can see why you are confused. Have you just come off the pill? Or have you started ttc and could this be implantation bleeding???
  • Options
    first day cd1 is the day of red blood and full flow and not spotting chick xx
  • Options
    hey beancatcher, i came off pill in june and have been bd regularly, light pink discharge started on friday and have done 5 tests all BFN!
    i think its my period tbh, its my first proper af since coming off pill so probably why its light.
    if it never gets any heavier would i still count CD1 as they day i got light pink discharge?
    xx
  • Options
    sometimes your lining comes away just slightly before full flow it sounds like that to me chick,if i were you i would just wait and see but wouldnt start trying to guess what was cd1 if it wasnt if that makes sense x