Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hi I'm a newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, just had my first miscarriage and can honestly say that if it wasn't for the good old internet I wouldn't have had a clue what was going on/what to expect etc. Nobody explained anything to me, all they said was I was probably having a miscarriage. I've never had a miscarriage so didn't know what was supposed to happen or not supposed to happen!

Anyway, I had my second scan yesterday to make sure no heartbeat at 7 +weeks and was told everything has gone. I've been lucky I think as no pains or aches and no heavy bleeding. We are okay about this as we only knew I was pregnant for 2 days before the bleeding started and at that point we were still a bit shocked so never got the chance to get used to the idea.

I'm hoping I can get and give some advice on here but can I ask you all to give me a list of the abbreviations you use on here as I haven't got a clue what you are all on about, I am being really thick I know!

Thanks

Ponyo

Replies

• Options
    hey, just wanted to say hi and that everyone here is always really helpful and friendly - a great place to vent sometimes! Sorry to hear of your loss x
  • Options
    Hi, just wanted to say hi. I'm sorry for what has happened. I'm new too, I had a miscarriage a 2 weeks ago and found reading about other peoples experiences helpful.

There is a list of abbreviations in the chat room rules.

Cx
  • Options
    Hi, so sorry to hear of your loss. Everyone is great on here for understanding what you're going through. Take care. Zxx
  • Options
    HI, sorry to hear about your mc. I was the same and knew nothing about mc, but the girls on here have been fab and we totally understand what you are going thru.

XX