Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Exercise and TTC

Hello!
Just wondering if anyone is changing their exercise regime now that they are TTC? I normally go the gym about 3 times a week and then go jogging at the weekend. I'm assuming I can carry on as normal until I get a BFP. Is there any risk of over doing it? What do you think? Your thoughts would be helpful. Thanks!

[Modified by: acj on 12 July 2010 19:09:23 ]

Replies

• Good topic id like to know thoughts too as I do a lot of spinning jogging and gyming x
  • Good topic id like to know thoughts too as I do a lot of spinning jogging and gyming x
  • hi i have read that if your body is used to it you can carry on with exercise throughout pregnancy, so i assume its the same for TTC... i just think its a bad idea to suddenly start all these things when ttc/preg if you rbody isnt used to it, as you add extra strain on your body.x
  • Thanks for the replies. I'd heard the same thing about continuing to exercise if you do already so I guess it's ok to carry on as normal. It's just that I have quite an active job (i'm a teacher) so am on my feet most of the day. I often have to drag myself to the gym as I'm so tired after school but usually feel better afterwards. I was just wondering if I should keep up the same regime or take it slightly easier. Is it possible to overdo it and effect the chances of a BFP?
  • I think it's actually good for ttc. Exercise reduces stress and keeps the body at a healthy weight. I know that i keep to my regular exercise routine (3 times a week) then my AF is regular, whereas if i get a bit lazy it can make it late.

I think it's only an issue in regard to your weight. If your body fat is too low then you won't produce the right hormones.