Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

BD'ing everyday....is it a good idea?

Hi guys

Just after reading a few various things across the web, I am now wondering if because we are BDing every day are we actually ruining our chances? Does this make hubs little swimmers more immature the day after and so in actual fact by the time it gets to the end of the month will his poor little men be way past their best because we are so happy to BD every day? Should we only be doing it once every other day? It's just we enjoy itimage

All this TTC stuff confuses me?!?!!?

Replies

• I have seen that it is best to BD every other day as if you do it every day then his little swimmers wont be as strong xxxx
  • I would say every other day is best BUT if you are both enjoying it go for it. Yes it may be taking a little longer but is enjoyable sex not better than timing it?
    Dont forget no one knew all this in the olden days :lol:

Its up to you hun but it sounds to me like you both have a great sex life which is very important so dont ruin it ;\)

Lots of luck xxx
  • Thanks girls, we do have a healthy love life and since deciding to TTC it has seriously gone through the roof, I totally love the spontaenity (sp???) of sex and hate that we might start timing it, we did say we were going to just see how things go but we are both sat on a night time really excited that we might get pregnant really quickly....I hope we don't put too much pressure on ourselves and me being the worrier that I am will no doubt think there is something seriously wrong if we don't get preg staright away hee hee! x
  • do whatever feels right for ya hun, if ur happy bd'ing every day then go for it!
  • Just had a thought..... Do you track when you ov? If you do then you can still bd every other day but coming up to ov hold back a little to make his swimmers stronger????
  • Just had a thought..... Do you track when you ov? If you do then you can still bd every other day but coming up to ov hold back a little to make his swimmers stronger????

I don't hun, we came in to this with a very relaxed approach and decided to see what happened and let nature take it's course, I worry once I start buying OV sticks I might turn in to a total fruit loop. x
  • For the past couple of weeks me and OH have BD every day or every other day I guess like the ladies say's if it feels right then go for it lol xxxx
  • Thanks hoping2beamummy, it seems a shame to limit something we enjoy so much!! x
  • Hi hun
    Hubby and I have been trying every other day BDing for the last 11 months with no luck so we have decided that this month we are going to try everyday - worth a try! Like the others have said, go for it!
    Lots of luck to you X