Forum home Babies Baby

Bed clothes

Hi ladies, When James was younger we tried him in the sleeping bags, and he didn't like them. So we've always used sheets and blankets. That was a lot easier when James wasn't moving about! He's 6 months today, and currently still in a crib, he mainly kicks off the covers. So I try to wait until he's asleep to put them on him! He'll just kick them off a bit later. :lol: So any solutions to keeping bed clothes on? I tuck them under the mattress, but two legs up in the air, and they're untucked from the bottom! Thanks. xx

Replies

• This is when we switched to sleeping bags!! Maybe try again?

Sorry no help!

Em x
  • have you tried maybe rolling two small balnkets or towels up and stuffing them down the side between the mattres and the bars so he is tucked in really tight?

xx
  • Maybe try the sleeping bags again? He probably won't remember them from before. Maybe he just doesn't like being covered or feeling trapped. If he doesn't seem bothered (or cold) with no covers on maybe you could just put him in warmer pyjamas and do away with the covers all together?
  • Thanks for your replies. He's a hot baby, so not sure he'd appreciate the sleeping bags, but I guess it's a last resort. No I hadn't thought of that Mrs P. At the moment with the hot weather, I'm feeling like I just need to lie the sheet over him, in the middle of the night. I can give the padding out a go though. Thanks. xx
  • When the weather was really hot last week and before i just put S down with no covers at all, i checked on him before we went to bed and as his room didnt go below 28 degrees all night he certainly wasnt cold. S is a hot baby too but i have a 0.5tog grobag for when its below 27!! Sx
  • When the weather was really hot last week and before i just put S down with no covers at all, i checked on him before we went to bed and as his room didnt go below 28 degrees all night he certainly wasnt cold. S is a hot baby too but i have a 0.5tog grobag for when its below 27!! Sx
  • When I was checking on James, although the thermometer read hot. Some of the time, with James just in his nappy, I was finding his tummy was cold. I wasn't worried so much about his arms and legs. That's why I was just gently lying the sheet over him, knowing he would kick it off if he was hot. I've found since the temp has dropped again a little, it still says 27 or above in our room, so James is in a vest. But his arms and legs are feeling very cold later in the night/morning, so I don't want him to push the sheet off. James didn't get on with the sleeping bags, so as I say it'll have to be a last resort trial. Thanks. xx
  • bubba has always been in sheets and blankets and generally kicks them off, it may be a stupid question but do you have pyjamas? bubba sleeps in them and i worry less then that she will kick the covers off and be cold, obviously when it has been hot she has been in either a vest or naked with a sheet?

She's been in jim jams since 3 months, they're only thin, its just a thought? image
  • sleep bags, ds still ahs sleeping bags and he's 16months, he hates sheets, they amke them upn til about 5yrs i think, although i doubt he'll still be usuing them then, when we change his cot bed to bed mode we'll probably start using blankets/quilts etc. they make them in 0.5 tog which is the equiv to one thin sheet, so shouldn't amke him any hotter than when u just use a sheet, plus tk maxx tend to have them in for about ??12 (the grobag/slumbersac) which is about a third of what they usually are x