Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

SOMEONE HELP - PANICKING* UPDATE*

Ok, so I posted last week i think asking about implantation cramps, I tested this morning and got a faint but very definate BFP - we have been trying for months so half of me is over the moon the other half is wanting to cry as I have been having terrible pains in my right hand side for a few days now, last night i was in alot of pain, my mind is racing and all i can think is that I am suffering from an ectopic pregnancy.

I am literally sh!tt!ng myself, have been sick I think with worry more than anything.

Would a preg test still say positive with an ectopic?

Please someone help I am shaking with fear right now and just crying.

*************************************************************************************

Update: hi all, have been to the docs today all seems fine, she has booked me in with midwife next week for bloods and will look at them see if anything shows up. Thank you everyone who offered advice, really helped me so much.
Morning sickness has now kicked in joy, and feel so weird in the head like I'm drunk - is this normal?? yuk x but i don't mind it's all for a good cause! xx

[Modified by: Curly Wurly on 19 July 2010 09:59:09 ]

Replies

• firstly congrats on ur BFP hun.
    didnt want to read and run so my advice is if u r that worries get urself off to the GP. better it be nothing and put ur mind at rest i say

xx
  • Hun stop panicking x How bad is the pain? Is it like bad period pain or worse?
    I had period like pains before i got my bfp, like af was going to start.
    If youre that worried go see your doctor hun xx
  • Hi,

First of all CONGRATULATIONS you're pregnant!!!!

Don't panic, some cramping is perfectly normal in early pg, with my ds I had this for the first 11 weeks or so, sometimes it really hurt too! I even had a spot of bleeding but all was fine and ds is a happy healthy 1 year old. It is a worrying time and noone tells you that bit but try and relax, enjoy being pg it goes so fast.

Ectopic pg often have, severe pain and pain in your arm. If you have bleeding and severe pain that is the time to worry but what you are experiencing sounds normal honey.

Blowing lots of sticky babydust your way hon xxx
  • thats great news! u have ur bfp, im pretty sure everything will be fine! cramping is normal as sazzle says. get urself to gp as uve just got ur bfp they will reassure u.

and congratulations image xxxx
  • hi, it's very important you see a doctor hun, make an appointment with your GP today but if pain is really severe i'd by pass that and go to A and E as you need a scan. You would still test positive if it was an ectopic pregnancy. on the plus side, if you are only getting a faint BFP you can't be very pregnant at all and its unlikely you would already have pain if it was ectopic. If the pain is still just as bad and you haven't seen anyone, head to a and e - they will scan you. And better to go fri afternoon than fri night!
    Also, if it is so early BFP is very faint - there probably wont be a baby yet on scan - it doesnt show up till 6 weeks, But if they can see any sign of a ectopic or tube rupturing they will act or re scan you a couple of weeks on to double check (by which point they may well see your little one),

I know its worrying chick but you really need to get checked out. Keeping everything crossed for you. Abdominal pain can be a funny thing - often resolves with no explanation - but at the same time it would be crazy to ignore this. Let us know what happens. xx
  • Thank you for all you congrats. I am just so worried, have been having period type pains for a few weeks now ever since ovulating but last night i was in alot of pain.

So you think it would be far too early to have pains from an ectopic if I was only 2-3 weeks then?

I have just waited for this for so long I just want everything to go fine and not end up in a disaster.

xx
  • i think when/if i get my bfp i will be the same pet, so dont feel bad, u wait so long for something u want so much! and then when u get it, u worry so much that its gonna be taken away from u! have u been to gp yet? i really do think thats ur best option if ur concerened, i dont really know much about eptopic, but i would think it would be a bit too early? im no expert tho xxx
  • probably too early - but don't be complacent, I work with pregnant women and my advice is don't ignore this, see your GP - or go to a and e if severe. These are the only two places where you can get a scan. Tell them it had you doubled over and vomiting and they will scan you. Im sure it is just body adusting to pregnancy like everyone has said, but please get this sorted this afternoon. Its a long weekend with the GP surgery shut,x
  • perfectly normal to panic hon, I know I did. You spend so much time and emotional investment in getting pg only to find the happiness you should be feeling turning to panic and worry. Get yourself to your gp petal, you will get some reassurance and also your buts and bobs about midwife, scans etc..

xxx
  • Called the surgery, they can't fit me in today, have an appt first thing mon and they said if pain gets really bad to go straight to hosp.

The pain isn't really there at the mo, just feels very different if that makes sense.

My heart is racing and i'm shaking like mad, why can't things just be easy!

Thank you all for advice and support, thank god for places like this.

xxx
  • Hi Hon,

Don't panic yourself. Other ladies have given great advice and you have done all you can for now. Try to spend the weekend relaxing or distracting yourself. xx
  • glad u got an app curly wurly let us no how u get on image
  • good that you have an appt, if the pain has gone off i'd just set your sights on that and get on with the weekend. Id make sure you have transport and someone to drive you if it comes back - then you can head straihght to hospital, buthopefully it will just stay away now. xx
  • Congratulations on your BFP hun....as the other ladies have said I would try not to worry too much, if the pain has gone then that is a good sign I am sure some women do get alot pains in the early stages just everything getting ready for the bubs. xxxx
  • Sorry gc but I hope I can help you! When you ovulated the ovary produces a cyst called a corpus leuteum! If a pg is achieved this cyst gets bigger as it keeps baby alive for 12 wks until the placenta takes over, the cyst then shrivles up and dies!! This cyst can grow quite big and do hurt in some cases, when I was pg with ds2 it was agony!! Too early for ectopic symptoms show up between 6 - 8 wks! Don't worry honey stress is very bad for you right now x
  • Thank you all so much for being so lovely and helpful, here i go crying again oh jeez!

Thanks Keri-Anne - gongrats on your bfp too - just saw that! If all goes well then maybe we can be buddies as I'm guessing we would be due around the same time?

Told hubby and he is so excited, I am taking all your advice and will try and relax over the weekend and we have said that if there are any bad pains that really worry us then we are straight off to the hospital, but just having positive thoughts and focusing on mondays appt with the doc.

Have calmed down a bit now too which has helped. Think I was a bit silly yesterday as for some reason I decided it would be a good idea to jump around on my exercise trampoline for ages and then go food shopping and lift extremely heavy bags, award for thickest mum to be goes to curly wurly.

I will keep you all updated and again huge thanks to you all, you are stars and I wish everyone happy healthy pregnancies, babies and BFP's in the near future, you all deserve it xxxx
  • Sorry gc but I hope I can help you! When you ovulated the ovary produces a cyst called a corpus leuteum! If a pg is achieved this cyst gets bigger as it keeps baby alive for 12 wks until the placenta takes over, the cyst then shrivles up and dies!! This cyst can grow quite big and do hurt in some cases, when I was pg with ds2 it was agony!! Too early for ectopic symptoms show up between 6 - 8 wks! Don't worry honey stress is very bad for you right now x

thank you pavy, that's very interesting, have no idea about that! Think I am calmer now as you and someone else has sadi ectopic wouldn't really show signs until a bit later and think I can only be around 2 - 3 weeks?

Thank you again xx
  • glad ur feeling better, let us no how u get on over the weekend xxxx
  • Hi sorry to G/C but just wanted to re-ieterate that ectopics usually cause paun around 7/8 weeks so it's too early for that xx
  • congratulations on ur bfp and hope the cramping/pain goes away soon xx