Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

its time to have PMA so ladies...

I have woken in a much more positive frame of mind, and have decided to forget that i have no idea where i am in my cycle...and just bd as usual ,and we will get there one day im sure...so i thought id lighten thing up but thinking of the future. it helps me to get excited about wee things like baby names, prams etc...so ladies....

just for fun....

would you like to find out the sex of your baby?

i have a girl and a boy already so am HOPING to be able to fight off the tempation and have a yellow baby for the 9mth - oh so hard for me!!!

what names do you like?

for boys i like Benjamin, Max and Daniel
for girls I like Mia, Ava and Emma (but i already have two E children so dunno about this)

how do yu plan to tell oh/dh you are pregnant? are you doing anythign special?

i have often thought of doing something special but he always know when im testing so this wold be difficult!

have yo told anyone you are trying?
i have told 3 close friends...one becasue i am bridesmaid at her wedding next year s i may very well be preg at her wedding, the other because she also suffered pnd aswell as me so she will be good support, and other cause i mostly tell her everything...i also mentioned to my mum id like another baby but i didnt specifically say we were trying.as thats a bit embarrassing for me!

have you had alook at stuff like prams yet? is there any you have your heart set on?

i am so addicted to prams, always have been... im always changing prams! my youngest has just turned 2 so he is still in a buggy, so i think its ok i still look at prams...i love the mamas and papas sola!
i always LOVE looking at moses baskets!

ok i cant think of anymore questions...but just thought this would make a change form the usual AM I PREGNANT?WHATS GOING ON? POSTS lol xxx

Replies

• glad ur full of pma today image im lking this thread already!

i dont want to, i would like a suprise at the end of a rather long ttc and pg journey lol. hubs would like to no tho, but im talking him round hehe.

what names do you like?
    i only have 1 boy name i like haha! its toby, girls names list is endless i love sooo many! i love willow, ivory, maria, erica, adrainne seriuosly loads! and awww all E's would be soo cute! lol.

i wanna buy a cbd, once i get my bfp, then pee on a cbd, put it in a little gift bag with a baby grow or booties or teddy in or something, so he opens the bag and see the + test saying 2-3 weeks or whatever. thats the plan anyways! lol i will probs get so excited and burst it out! haha.

have yo told anyone you are trying?
    my mum, dadand hubs parents know, but nobody else. lol it is a bit embarrasing! hehe. probs gross's parents out a bit too! haha.

have you had alook at stuff like prams yet? is there any you have your heart set on?
    not got my heart set on anything, and havent looked to much, i have looked at bits like cot pram etc, only really to see roughly how much they are, so i no how much we will need n the bank roughly to cover baby bits and maturnity leave etc. i love moses baskets aswell! theyre sooo cute!
  • Hello Laura....I like this thread....will keep my mind off waiting to test at the weekend lol!!!

Ok here goes

No - it would be my first and want to be surprised!

what names do you like?
    For a boy - James, Lewis and Alexander. I also like Finlay but OH has banned it already!
    For a girl - Ruby, Scarlett and Francesca. Me and OH came up with another name at the weekend randomly and now can't remember it!!!

I would like to but I think it will be more like me jumping on him in the morning to wake him up to tell him!

have you told anyone you are trying?
    I told my Mum we were thinking about it but have not told anyone yet! I really want to to tell my 2 best mates as one has 13month old son and the other is 21 weeks pregnant at the moment but think I will wait till I am pregnant....although think I'd tell them before 12 weeks and keep it to myself and tell everyone else at 12wks

went pram shopping with the mate who's 21wks the other day and decided I like 2 handles rather than one bar but haven't a clue which one's yet! Mama's and Papa's are nice and I also like the icandy ones! I do want a doomoo though.....actual fact I want one for myself ha! :lol:
  • Hello Laura....I like this thread....will keep my mind off waiting to test at the weekend lol!!!

Ok here goes

No - it would be my first and want to be surprised!

what names do you like?
    For a boy - James, Lewis and Alexander. I also like Finlay but OH has banned it already!
    For a girl - Ruby, Scarlett and Francesca. Me and OH came up with another name at the weekend randomly and now can't remember it!!!

I would like to but I think it will be more like me jumping on him in the morning to wake him up to tell him!

I told my Mum we were thinking about it but have not told anyone yet! I really want to to tell my 2 best mates as one has 13month old son and the other is 21 weeks pregnant at the moment but think I will wait till I am pregnant....although think I'd tell them before 12 weeks and keep it to myself and tell everyone else at 12wks

went pram shopping with the mate who's 21wks the other day and decided I like 2 handles rather than one bar but haven't a clue which one's yet! Mama's and Papa's are nice and I also like the icandy ones! I do want a doomoo though.....actual fact I want one for myself ha! :lol:
  • would you like to find out the sex of your baby?

Nope, we are firmly team yellow! Although i'm always the type to want to peek in Christmas prezzies etc so I know I'll be tempted but OH is 100% sure and I want to wait too

what names do you like?

Girls: Niamh, Freya, Lois
    Boys: Harrison (Harry), Conor, Liam

He will probably be there when I test but if for whatever reason he isn't I'd love to come up with a way for it to be extra special

sssshhhh.... can you keep a secret?? I've told 2 close friends, just don't tell OH, I was supposed to be keeping hush... ooops!

Been looking but not really picked any thing specific yet, we have just moved house so the spare room is lying empty and I dont want to furnish it, just want to turn it into a little nursery
  • Good idea - it's about time we have a little bit of fun in ttc!

We found out with our dd b/c I don't like surprises but thinking maybe the 2nd time around, a surprise would be nice - but, I have loads of girly clothes, do I need boy clothes? The planner in me would like to know!!!

what names do you like?

Boys - Ronan, Adam - haven't given it much thought, yet ;\)
    Girls - Kora, Ellyn, Lillie

how do you plan to tell dh you are pregnant? are you doing anythign special?

Not sure as I think it will depend if DH is home or on the abroad. Will have to wait and see....

We had a mc in March and my mom told just all of mankind about it so I'm pretty sure most people know what we're up to.

I already have two - I have the Jane Slalom which I like for older baby but it doesn't fold up well in the back of the car so prob. use that at home. I also have a Graco Quattro Delux Travel system which comes with an infant SafeSeat up to 32 lbs. It's great, light and folds nicely into the back of the car. Baby gear is sooooo expensive and we'll be using what we already have and I don't intend on buying too many new things other than blankets, clothes if a boy and things like that.

Babydust!

• AF arrived today so this is just the distraction I'm looking for - fab idea!

No, I wouldn't like my husband to announce "he's here" or "she's here" I like to imagine him walking off the hospital ward and saying "it's a boy" or "it's a girl". I didn't find out with my two boys and my husband is glad we didn't.

what names do you like?

I had a dream about my son coming home late one night and waking me to say that he is home safely (his friend's mum had dropped him off), in my dream I replied "ok Gabriel, get some sleep, school tomorow" - He looked like a fourteen year old version of my husband- dark hair, broad shoulders and bright blue cheeky eyes. So if it's a boy his name is already chosen.
    If I have a girl I'll call her Penelope, Penny for short until she is old enough to chose what she'd like to be known as. She would be my Penny from heaven! My husband likes Angharad, it's a close second for me.

how do you plan to tell oh/dh you are pregnant? are you doing anything special?

First time I handed him a gift bag containing half a dozen sticks (hubby works away) saying 'pregnant' - we had been trying for 8 years and had given up hope, then BAM, completely out of the blue. Second time, he was home and I just walked into the kitchen carrying a stick and beaming from ear to ear. Not sure what I'll do this time.

NO and I won't be telling a soul until I have had my first scan. The fewer that know the less painful it will be - been hurt too many times.

have you had a look at stuff like prams yet? is there any you have your heart set on?

We'll use things that we already have in the loft but get a new mattress, sheets and blankets for the moses basket and crib.

This has lifted my spirits - thank you xx

Sticky baby dust to everyone xxx