Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

how long does fertile period last?

hiya ladies

does anyone know how long the "fertile" period lasts after having a baby?? just interested really!

ashy x

Replies

• when you ovulate the egg only lasts a day, so not sure what they mean by fertile period tbh.
  • i was just wondering as people often say "be careful afer giving birth as you're more fertile" im confused?
  • Yeah, people have said that to me. I think after a MC it is around 3 mnths so it could be similar to that?!
  • maybe the conditions are better for fertilisation
  • i heard you are very fertile in the first year after having a baby worked for me we tried for 3 years for dd1 and when she was 8 months old tried for number 2 fell the first month with dd2
  • i heard you are very fertile in the first year after having a baby worked for me we tried for 3 years for dd1 and when she was 8 months old tried for number 2 fell the first month with dd2

I've heard a few stories like this. Hping it happens for us image I think I had heard it was a year too x
  • i fell straight away when tring for 2nd came off pill and was pg almost straight away. took 2.5 years to concieve my 1st. x
  • Good luck to all of you trying image