Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Have a read!!!

Hi ladies, read this today on another baby site and thought I would share:

How Can Green Tea Help Increase Fertility?
Green tea is a popular type of tea that is made of unfermented tea leaves. Green tea has been used for thousands of years by people in Eastern countries for a variety of health reasons.

One of the primary benefits of Green Tea in regard to fertility is not in what it contains, but rather in what it does not contain. Green tea has a much smaller amount of caffeine than regular tea, or even coffee. Caffeine has been shown, in some cases, to negatively impact fertility. So, drinking green tea is a viable alternative to coffee and some other teas.

Some research suggests that two of the main ingredients in green tea, hypoxanthine and polyphenols, may lead to a higher percentage of viable embryos. Other research has suggested that these compounds help increase the maturing of eggs, and may even make the eggs more fertile. In addition, polyphenols serve as antioxidants, which help protect your body from various diseases and other conditions.

Drinking green tea may even help not only with female fertility, but with male fertility problems as well. Some green tea advocates suggest that green tea may help with low sperm count, and even with sperm motility.

Green tea is usually sold as a dried leaf tea. Often, green tea is available in a decaffeinated form, as well. You can also purchase a green tea extract. Capsules and liquid preparations are also available.

Other health benefits of green tea that some people have suggested include:

- Increased success at weight loss attempts
- Reduced risk of heart disease and heart problems
- Reduces risk of various types of cancer
- improves cholesterol levels, both lowering the bad cholesterol and raising the good
- Help prevent tooth decay when used alongside a regular oral hygiene regimen
- Increases the overall effectiveness of the autoimmune system.

As few as two cups of green tea per day may not only be able to help with conception, but may provide you many other health benefits as well.

Drinking more than a few cups of green tea a day can hinder the body's ability to effectively absorb folic acid so it is recommended that you take extra folic acid if you intend to drink large quantities green tea to help your chances of conceiving.

Has anyone else heard of green tea helping with TTC??? xxxxxx

Replies

• oooh i have not heard of this before, shame i think its rank :lol:
  • ALSO FOUND........

The benefits of drinking a raspberry leaf brew before and throughout pregnancy include:

~ Increasing fertility in both men and women. Raspberry leaf is an excellent fertility herb when combined with Red Clover.

~ Preventing miscarriage and hemorrhage. Raspberry leaf tones the uterus and helps prevent miscarriage and postpartum hemorrhage from a relaxed or atonic uterus.

~ Easing of morning sickness. Many attest to raspberry leaves' gentle relief of nausea and stomach distress throughout pregnancy.

~ Reducing pain during labor and after birth. By toning the muscles used during labor and delivery, Raspberry leaf eliminates many of the reasons for a painful delivery and prolonged recovery. It does not, however, counter the pain of pelvic dilation.

~ Assisting in the production of plentiful breast milk. The high mineral content of Raspberry leaf assist in milk production, but its astringency may counter that for some women.

~ Providing a safe and speedy pariuntion. Raspberry leaf works to encourage the uterus to let go and function without tension. It does not strengthen contractions, but does allow the contracting uterus to work more effectively and so may make the birth easier and faster.

• Also Found.....

The benefits of drinking a raspberry leaf brew before and throughout pregnancy include:

~ Increasing fertility in both men and women. Raspberry leaf is an excellent fertility herb when combined with Red Clover.

~ Preventing miscarriage and hemorrhage. Raspberry leaf tones the uterus and helps prevent miscarriage and postpartum hemorrhage from a relaxed or atonic uterus.

~ Easing of morning sickness. Many attest to raspberry leaves' gentle relief of nausea and stomach distress throughout pregnancy.

~ Reducing pain during labor and after birth. By toning the muscles used during labor and delivery, Raspberry leaf eliminates many of the reasons for a painful delivery and prolonged recovery. It does not, however, counter the pain of pelvic dilation.

~ Assisting in the production of plentiful breast milk. The high mineral content of Raspberry leaf assist in milk production, but its astringency may counter that for some women.

~ Providing a safe and speedy pariuntion. Raspberry leaf works to encourage the uterus to let go and function without tension. It does not strengthen contractions, but does allow the contracting uterus to work more effectively and so may make the birth easier and faster.

• I do drink Green Tea and the moment, have to drink it with cranberry though as the orginal stuff is too strong. May give the raspberry leaf tea a try though also xxx
  • I posted earlier but for some reason it's not here...

just wanted to say that I used to drink alot of green tea but think I'll have to start again! Hey, if it works, it doesn't hurt to try, right!?

Thanks for posting!
  • double post - what's going on today?

[Modified by: canuckmom on July 22, 2010 04:58 PM]

• oooo thanks for that. I drink Green T at the moment but may also try the raspberry leaf too.
  • Sorry double post!

[Modified by: Squirrel82 on July 22, 2010 10:33 PM]

• I am definitely getting the raspberry leaf tea...I am on the green tea at the moment but will give the other a try from what I have read it seems to be better than green tea xxxx