Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

5 days late and BFN - any ideas what's going on?

Hello all!

I'm wondering if anyone can help. Since coming off the pill in late October my cycles have just started to settle down with last 2 being 33 / 34 days. So I was hoping that was a good sign and was expecting AF on Monday. But, I am still waiting for it to arrive! We've only just started TTC so I didn't expect to be pregnant already, especially as I don't think we tried at the right time this month. I've also just started using OPK sticks but didn't get a single positive last month! So, I'm pretty confused at the moment. Don't know when I'm ovulating or when AF is arriving - really felt like it was starting on Monday as had tummy cramps but nothing since then, just feeling achey, especially in my lower back. Did a test this morning and got BFN!

Sorry for going on, it's a bit complicated but any thoughts would be helpful. Anyone else going through something similar?
thanks!

Replies

• I've just posted a very similar thing, but I'm only 2 days late. Can't really help as I don't know what's going on either but I know how you feel x
  • Think we've just replied to each other at exactly the same time image Let's hope we find out what is going on sooner rather than later!
  • Hey girls, you hear of people getting BFP's after 1 or 2 weeks of waiting for AF to turn up...so dont give up home...AF staying away is a good sign.

Keep testing every 2 days if she doesnt show & your HCG levels will be increasing every day, it just may be a shy bean

I'm not saying you definately are but dont give up hope...will keep my fingers crossed for you image

[Modified by: *curls* on July 24, 2010 10:52 AM]

• Thanks for your replies so far. I've been trying to track my ovulation but didn't get any +ve's last month so really not sure when I'm ovulating. Definitely felt like AF was coming on Monday but was a false alarm. I'm a bit fed up as am going on holiday next weekend and was hoping AF would be out of the way so we could get on with TTC. Still a bit of a guessing game at the moment as to what is going on!
  • i know exactly how u feel, and im now 10 days late image if i dont get anything by weds, which is when im 14 days late, im going to go to the docs cos ive never ever been this late before except being pregnant with my 2 ds xx
  • It's really frustrating, isn't it? I started getting cramps last night and felt sure AF would have arrived this morning but still nothing. I just feel like I'm in limbo at the moment. If AF is going to happen I really hope it starts soon before I go on holiday. I think you're right to get things checked out at the Dr.s. Mine is away all next week but may try and see another one or the nurse to get some advice. Fingers crossed we find out what is going on soon, one way or another!