Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Is this possible (sorry a bit long)

Right ladies need some help.

I came off the pill approx March 2009.

My periods have been very irregular with cycle days being roughly 39days, 36 days, 19 days 16 days, 50 days and currently on day 54.

Long story short went to Docs who done blood tests and got hubby sperm test then referred us to infertillity clinic.

Went there on 14th July and were basically told my bloods showed high LH which would most likely indicated i have PCOS. Hubby was told sperm count low and not as mobile as they should be and that it would be unlikely that we'd be able to concieve on our own.

Was sent for more blood tests and booked in for a scan to check if any
tubes blocked etc and told to come back to infertillity on 8th Sept (thats when next app was available) when we'd probably be referred for IVF

Anyway last night i had a girls night in with wine and chat and you know what girls are like i mentioned that my boobs were double the size (didn't mention agony) and my friend said her were huge and sore when she found out she was pregnant.

So this morning I can't stop thinking about this and done a PG test and got BFP, unable to believe this I done another one with different pee, another BFP. went to shop and bought superdrug 2 pack and clear blue digital, superdrug were both BFP and digi was 'PREGNANT 2-3 weeks'
So thats 5 BFP.

My question is could i really be pregnant, hubby not wanting to get hopes up after what consultant said and wonders if there is some other chemical that can cause a BFP and not actually be preg?

forgot to say i done test before went to app on 14th and was BFN.
Thanks for taking the time to read

A xx

Replies

• Oh, I think it's possible as a false positive is rare, esp. 5 bfps...

Congratulations! Wow, what a story :\)

If you are unsure, go to your docs and ask them to do a test for you...

All the best during your pregnancy!

• I would say your pregnant hun! Lots of people get there BFPs when they get referred for IVF just because they give up on trying as such and therefore relax!

I think big congratulations are in order!!

xxx
  • congratulations, it definitely does sound like a bfp for sure image xx
  • After all those BFPs I don't think there can be any doubt: you are pregnant! Huge congratulations - a lovely story. There seem to have been a couple of miraculous 'conceiving against all odds' stories lately. There must be something lucky in the water! Have a very happy and healthy 9 months. xxx
  • First of all congratulations Templetoes!! With 5 BFP I would say that was pretty conclusive image.

It may be that when you tested on 14th you didnt have enough of the pg hormone.

Have you spoken to your doc since getting your BFP? Maybe you could ask for him to do a blood test to make sure.

Wishing you all the best x
  • Oh WOW what a lovely story and yes I would say you are DEFINATELY pregnant.
    Brill news and have a H&H 9 months xxx
  • Not spoken to Doctor yet as only done the test today.arrrggg why does it have to be Saturday!!! i will be on the phone first thing on Monday morning lol

A x
  • Didn't want to read and run after reading such a lovely story! Massive congratulations, I think your results are very conculsive - have a happy and health pregnancy! x
  • Didn't want to read and run after reading such a lovely story! Massive congratulations, I think your results are very conculsive - have a happy and healthy pregnancy! x