Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Protein shakes- which one?

A few of you have mentioned you take protein shakes, so being a veggie and with a lowish bmi, i thought it sounded like a good idea- but there's loads!!!

Just wondered if anyone could suggest a good one? Preferably one that just gives me a top up of protein and not full on muscles image

Thanks xx

Replies

• Hi Zoe

I am literally using what my DH had which is called Elite rich chocolate. It is a whey protein and tastes just about bearable. He really rates it compared to others but says the vanilla flavour is better. Sorry that is probably not very helpful!!

• Thanks Debbie, that is helpful, i should find something in holland & barrett, there just seems a lot with muscly men on the front which is a bit off putting!!
  • I think they are all like that - don't let it put you off -they still have to go and pump some iron as well to look like that image
  • Hi Zoe, the best ones are the ones that are Whey Protein. I got ones from Holland and Barrett and it was called Body Fortress Whey Protein. Comes in a big tub so you have to mix it with milk, they taste OK but taste better if you put some ice in it. xxx
  • Hi Ladies,

I've just bought some of the vanilla whey protein from H&B and it's half price until the 5th August. Huge great tub for ??12.49!

I'm a veggie too and need all the help I can get with the protein x x
  • Hiya,

Are you supposed to use the protein drinks as a meal replacement or aswell? Just concerned they'll make me put weight on as I thought thats what they were used for?

xx
  • Hiya,

Are you supposed to use the protein drinks as a meal replacement or aswell? Just concerned they'll make me put weight on as I thought thats what they were used for?

xx
  • As well as meals I think - well at least that's what I have been doing but I'm not trying to lose weight. You need so many other nutrients as well at this time missing meals for shakes is probably not the way to go x