Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

cbfm advice

hey ladies,

so today is my first day i need to press my m button. image
was going to set it at 9 so gives me from 6am till noon when i need to test.

Problem is i work shifts, including 2 nights every 10 days.
does anyone ekse work shifts like this, as on nights u never actually get a fmu as u drink at work in the night, and by the time i get up in the afternoon, i will of missed my testing window,
so do i set it for 1pm to cover my night shifts, but when im up for my early shifts at 6am, collect fmu and test when i get home?

what do u ladies suggest?

xxxx

[Modified by: kels124 on 26 July 2010 09:02:02 ]

Replies

• thats a difficult question, I am too hating the 6 hour window, i mean what is the point, its easier if they say the first urine of the day when you wake avoiding any confusion with night shifters.

You could always contact clearblue?

MPP
    xxx
  • its sooo confusing aint it hun.
    i think im just gonna set it for 9am. as if i set it in the afternoon and wanna go out anyhwere for the day i will completly miss it.
    just gonna have to try not to pee from 4am till i get in at 8:30 on nights. its only 2 mornings so figure setting it at 9 will work better everyother day of my working shift pattern image
    thanks for ur reply hunni xxxx
  • mimi,
    thankyou so much, thats a massive help image

good luck this month image hoping my shiney new cbfm brings me some happy news in the next few months image
    xxxx
  • I too work shifts. Nights and days in one month. My monitor only asked me for tests, up until my first peak day. Then it's on auto until i press the m button, for my period. I set if for midday, I don't get the first morning thing as most women produce their lh surge in the afternoon. There's stories of people doing opks and getting a positive the afternoon before they get their first peak on the monitor next day. I work 12 hour shifts- 8 till 8 and decided to operate on the basis that as long as i haven't peed for 2 hours before and drunk a massive amount, my urine would be concentrated enough. When i'm on nightshift i usually waken up and need the loo in the afternoon, so i test then. Then on days i take the monitor to work. If i have breakfast and use the loo before i leave at 7ish, then come first break i need the loo. Plus i don't get a chance to drink anything after i leave the house. So the monitor goes to work. I've only been using it a month and didn't expect anything, but i did get highs and the two day peak. So the monitor obviously got enough of the hormones to read. So i suppose even if you set it for morning. You could always do your test when you get in from nightshift, if you can restrict your fluids a bit and not go to the loo for, the last coupld of hours of your shift. I hope this helps, and works for you. good luck
    Mimi