Forum home Babies Baby

Bottles yellowing with age

I have noticed this has started to happen with the bottles and teats. Just wondered if anyone knew how to reverse or reduce how much it yellows? Thanks. xx

Replies

• I notice with with the teats today...I am just going to get new ones. Havent noticed it on the bottles though...do you put them through the dishwasher?

To be honest I think the only thing you could do it get new ones xx
  • I thought the only answer might be replacement. But I'm not sure it means the 'teats' are dirty, or are compromised in any way.

Was hoping there might be a handy hint post. :lol: xx
  • I thought the only answer might be replacement. But I'm not sure it means the 'teats' are dirty, or are compromised in any way.

Was hoping there might be a handy hint post. :lol: xx
  • Have you tried soaking them in some dilute bleach for a while?? Might do the trick. I've found that the carretine from sweet potatoe/butternut squash/carrot have discoloured Sara's sippy cup a bit - might be the same?

• I heard something about bleaching them from time to time if you want to bring them back to clear again - I've found it happens in the dishwasher especially if you have pots in there that are dirty with a red food. x x
  • Meant to add, we always wash them by hand. xx
  • I find that if they go in the dishwasher they disscolour really quickly. Ive never put mine in. I would maybe try some cold water sterilising fluid. They do get old but your baby isnt very big so it shouldnt have happened already

Gemm x