Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08

Had my scan 2day girls!!! x

Hi girls,
had my scan today and it was amazing! I can't believe how much the computers have come on since having Livs! We saw our bubs moving around loads, putting it's hand up against it's face and it's little legs kicking around. They also dated me a little further along so I'm now 13 weeks today and new due date is the 7th!!! image

For those of you who are friends with me on FB, I won't be posting anything on there so don't expect to see an announcement for a few weeks. We were planning to announce it 2day but over the weekend a very close friend of mine lost her baby girl at 24 weeks image Its been an emotional few days for everyone involved. She gave birth to her in the early hours of this morning. Out of respect to her, the last thing I want to do is post news of our baby all over FB. So Dave and I have told everyone close to us and FB will just have to wait for a while, when we feel the time is right. If anyone who doesn't know bumps into me in town, it's pretty damn obvious I'm pregnant anyway! lol! I will tell all the mums up the school on Monday. To be honest I'm not quite sure how I've got away with hiding it for this long!

Hope all the other Junie mums are well? Can't believe our babies are going to be two so very soon!!!!! image

Sarah, girls and bump! x x x x

[Modified by: Sugar'n'Spice+bean on 01 June 2010 19:22:10 ]

Replies

• How is your friend now hun? xx
  • Shes not great to be honest image I'm finding it hard to know how to act/what to say when I see her. I've only seen her 3 times since it happened and we used to talk on the phone every other day and see each other at least once a week. I think she's gone in to herself and admitted she will never be the same person again image I feel so helpless, I really do. Wish I could make it all go away for her. I actually felt bad the last time I saw her as she commented on how big my bump was getting. God knows how hard that must've been to see me. image
    I'm finding it hard to get excited about my own baby when I think about what has happened to hers. Part of me even feels guilty which I know is so silly. x x x x
  • Its so hard to know what to say./do. The only thing is to be there when she needs you.Dont feel guilty hun. Big hugs to you and your friend XX
  • Hi Sarah
    just want to say I went through the same with hubby's cousin's wife who was a month further on than me when pregnant with Libby.
    She went into labout at 23 weeks and delivered her baby boy.
    It was very difficult, we met at my BIL's wedding a few weeks later and she put on a very brave face and we had a cry together and she showed me pics. They will never get over losing their baby boy but this January she gave birth to a premature but healthy baby girl.
    Just give her time, she will probably be more ready to speak to you before you feel ready and just let her lead that time and moment.
    Just let her know you are there for her, it is very hard.
    I always felt awkward til their baby girl was born and even now I think it must be hard for them to look at Libby and imagine their little boy just a little older.
    hugs to you and hope you are doing well.
    Time for a new bump pic I think!
    My scan is next Tuesday! hoorah!

http://www.pregnology.com/preggoticker120/777777/000000/My%20pregnancy/02/21/2011.png

Make a pregnancy ticker
  • Hi Sarah
    just want to say I went through the same with hubby's cousin's wife who was a month further on than me when pregnant with Libby.
    She went into labout at 23 weeks and delivered her baby boy.
    It was very difficult, we met at my BIL's wedding a few weeks later and she put on a very brave face and we had a cry together and she showed me pics. They will never get over losing their baby boy but this January she gave birth to a premature but healthy baby girl.
    Just give her time, she will probably be more ready to speak to you before you feel ready and just let her lead that time and moment.
    Just let her know you are there for her, it is very hard.
    I always felt awkward til their baby girl was born and even now I think it must be hard for them to look at Libby and imagine their little boy just a little older.
    hugs to you and hope you are doing well.
    Time for a new bump pic I think!
    My scan is next Tuesday! hoorah!

http://www.pregnology.com/preggoticker120/777777/000000/My%20pregnancy/02/21/2011.png

Make a pregnancy ticker