Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08

Tyler & our A&E trip

well last weekend I caught Tyler drinking dirty water in the back garden. I wasnt sure how much he drank but assumed it couldnt have been much as he wasnt out there long. A couple of hours later he was sick....alot but I guessed it was the bodies way of getting rid of all that scummy water. We went to Tescos and he spewed again and I saw a tinge of blood in it and started to panic. I payed for our shopping and went home. When we got home he was sick 2 more time both with blood in and by now I was in hysterics. Luckily my mum was up to stay so we took him into A&E bythis time he had been sick about 8 times. I couldnt believe where is t was all coming from. At A&E they basically told up that he probably was being sick from the water and the blood was a tear in his food pipe from wretching and not to worry the scid in his stomach would kill and germs/bugs he may have swallowed. Aaalll night he was being sick and the next day the nappies started! OMG they were horrible. By the Tuesday he had a temperature and when it was still high on Weds I phoned NHS direct who told me to take him to Drs. Our Dr said that it could be a virus and that the timing was coincidence from drinking the water or it could be a bacterial infection in his tummy (so much for the acid destroying everythng) so I had to take a stool sample in Thurs morning (which can take up to a week to come bk) He is still having really runny nappies but has stopped being sick. Hes dropped alot of weight and its worrying as he wasnt that big anyway. I feel like the worst mummy in the world! Fingers crossed he will be bk to normal in a few days.

Heres my lil monkey a few weeks ago and on his 2nd Bday

http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u349/brandollarz/PICS117.jpg

http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u349/brandollarz/PICS065.jpg

Replies

• posted again due to adds

well last weekend I caught Tyler drinking dirty water in the back garden. I wasnt sure how much he drank but assumed it couldnt have been much as he wasnt out there long. A couple of hours later he was sick....alot but I guessed it was the bodies way of getting rid of all that scummy water. We went to Tescos and he spewed again and I saw a tinge of blood in it and started to panic. I payed for our shopping and went home. When we got home he was sick 2 more time both with blood in and by now I was in hysterics. Luckily my mum was up to stay so we took him into A&E bythis time he had been sick about 8 times. I couldnt believe where is t was all coming from. At A&E they basically told up that he probably was being sick from the water and the blood was a tear in his food pipe from wretching and not to worry the scid in his stomach would kill and germs/bugs he may have swallowed. Aaalll night he was being sick and the next day the nappies started! OMG they were horrible. By the Tuesday he had a temperature and when it was still high on Weds I phoned NHS direct who told me to take him to Drs. Our Dr said that it could be a virus and that the timing was coincidence from drinking the water or it could be a bacterial infection in his tummy (so much for the acid destroying everythng) so I had to take a stool sample in Thurs morning (which can take up to a week to come bk) He is still having really runny nappies but has stopped being sick. Hes dropped alot of weight and its worrying as he wasnt that big anyway. I feel like the worst mummy in the world! Fingers crossed he will be bk to normal in a few days.

• Poor Tyler! Don't feel bad, these things happen! If you're going to feel like a bad Mummy can I join you on the list too!

Since I finished work yesterday, I have already had to call NHS direct as Olly ate some bonjela adult ulcer gel when I was feeding Chloe, I wondered why he was being quiet! Felt really stupid, but it said it can be harmful to children under 16, so thought i'd better get some advice!

To top it off, when feeding him and chloe tonight he tipped over his booster chair which is attached to a dining room chair and went flying out of the patio door, banging his head. He was screaming for ages when we tried to put ice on it, but has calmed down after some ibprofen and is now terrorising his sister! He has a big egg of a bump on his forehead, but will hopefully be fine! Glad we didn't have to take him to casualty! Just hope that he doesn't start being sick in a couple of days, like any other time he banges his head as me and OH are going away on our own next weekend!

Hope my story makes you feel better and that Tyler gets better soon!

Jules, Olly and Chloe x x x
  • ah bless them, they are a worry at times aren't they J has given me plenty of scares, she seems fearless

Hope all the junnies are feeling better soon

Cazz
  • Still keeping my fingers crosseed, but Olly hasn't been sick yet! The bump went down quickly with the ibprofen, so hoping he will be ok for when we go to my parents on wed.

Jules, Olly and Chloe
  • Is Tyler ok now Elaine?
    They worry us stupid don't they.

hope Olly is ok too.

While suffering from severe exhaustion the other week in early pregnancy, I was staying at my parents with Libby, as she was uop so early and staying in same room as me, I let her play while I dozed off and on, not for long as she kept waking me but after a few minutes of realising it had been very quiet I woke to her whining, i opened my eyes and got the biggest shock, her face was covered in sudocrem and was at that moment rubbing her eyes with it all over her hands, it was all over the duvet, pillow case, bedside table and clock!

I should have taken a pic but my first instinct was to get the horrible stuff out of her eyes! If you have never tried that, keep it well out their way as it's a nightmare.
    Luckily she never suffered with any soreness or anything, but I felt like such a bad mum!

x

http://www.pregnology.com/preggoticker120/777777/000000/My%20pregnancy/02/21/2011.png

Make a pregnancy ticker